For the Naza & Gps experts

mark.bryant61

Allround Heli Pilot
Just got a quick question.
I'm new to this Naza. I've got it all under control and configured, but just not sure on 1 item
In IOC mode.....I have it on a 3 position switch (futaba 8fgs)......off is off / course lock - it blinks yellow and green / but when flick to Home lock it doesn't blink at all.
My question is should it blink yellow & green when in Home Lock?....or maybe blinks yellow and green when beyond 10 metres or so.......just not sure
When in the assistant it shows it moving to all proper ends of the scale for off / course lk / home lk
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

It is likely possible to get the green/yellow flashing for course lock on the workbench without a GPS signal since course lock relies on magnetic north not GPS.
However you may not be able to get the green/yellow LED flashing if you select Home lock since that requires a real GPS signal first.
Take it outdoors and try it again with a good GPS signal (wait for all red LEDS to disappear).
Also re-read pages 22 and 23....

IOC is extremely confusing such that I avoided using it for my first 15 to 20 flights.... it can also lead to a crash if the pilot is confused while flying.

Just got a quick question.
I'm new to this Naza. I've got it all under control and configured, but just not sure on 1 item
In IOC mode.....I have it on a 3 position switch (futaba 8fgs)......off is off / course lock - it blinks yellow and green / but when flick to Home lock it doesn't blink at all.
My question is should it blink yellow & green when in Home Lock?....or maybe blinks yellow and green when beyond 10 metres or so.......just not sure
When in the assistant it shows it moving to all proper ends of the scale for off / course lk / home lk
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

mark.bryant61

Allround Heli Pilot
Thanks for the reply Peter.
Yes, i do find this Course lock / Home lock all somewhat confusing. Still seem to get the correct lights for course lock, but only 1 green for home lock, which I figure is telling me I've got 6 plus satellites. I'll just keep experimenting and see how I go.
On the last flight today I'd been setting up the voltage protection and checking voltages which I seem to have under control now. I have a descent gap setup between 1st and 2nd level protections to give me a bit of time to get back on the ground. i'd had a 20 minute flight, so for safety I've cut that back to 15 minutes.
I see in the forum quite a few people turn the voltage protection off alltogether, to avoid crashing,....and just time the flight. I've got my futaba 8fgs timer all setup, timer starts when I go past 10% throttle. So I may end up just using that....its a work in progress!!
Gotta say,...... the Naza, especially the Gps works great!

Last edited by a moderator:

ds1rc

Every thing in the sequence seem ok. I found conformation of the initializing sequence that should end with 4 short green blinks but ends with 3 is ok. Satellite acquisition is processing and at a time when it reaches 1 red 1 green in the processes I get about 10 short green followed by 1 long green blinks and I can't find any post or manual reference for this sequence. Anyone know what this is? Don S.

I thought the rapid green led blinks after about 30 seconds (while still on the ground) indicates that IOC has become available...... it's in the manual somewhere.
Of course if you disable IOC configuration while in Naza Assistant, the rapid green LED blinks will not happen.

Olemil

I thought the rapid green led blinks after about 30 seconds (while still on the ground) indicates that IOC has become available...... it's in the manual somewhere.
Of course if you disable IOC configuration while in Naza Assistant, the rapid green LED blinks will not happen.
I think he is talking about the light (self check) sequence upon initializing after plugging in battery not the green flashes telling you home position has been saved.

Olemil

Every thing in the sequence seem ok. I found conformation of the initializing sequence that should end with 4 short green blinks but ends with 3 is ok. Satellite acquisition is processing and at a time when it reaches 1 red 1 green in the processes I get about 10 short green followed by 1 long green blinks and I can't find any post or manual reference for this sequence. Anyone know what this is? Don S.
The burst of green flashes is just telling you that the home position has been established/saved and the final green is that you are in GPS mode, hopefully you are when you are seeing it.