Flying Indoors

ficecone

I have an 800 Evo. A client who owns a large warehouse with very tall ceilings has asked me to take photos from inside the building looking down from the ceiling.
Can I fly indoors? I know the GPS won't function but will the rig work in attitude mode? Any suggestions?
Thanks

PMaughan

Yes no problem, stay in Atti. In tighter spaces be aware that your 800 is creating quite a bit of wind and turbulence that you may have to deal with but if it's very high that shouldn't be an issue.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yep, you'll be fine. It's bloody noisy and as above, turbulence gets tricky close to things but just stay alert and you'll be fine.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
also keep in mind that large indoor spaces can be very likely to hide large deposits of dust and that prop wash will stir it up so be careful flying over storage shelves where things might have been sitting for a long time. floors too can be very dusty.
have fun
bart

ZAxis

One thing to watch is the quality of the video downlink signal. Big steel buildings can play havoc with analog video signals, multiple reflections off the walls, etc.

andy

Rotorfreek

And remember that very close to the roof you get a reverse ground effect, and a sharp increase in lift... So stay alert!

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.