Tau Labs Florida Pilot Needed ***** Help Wanted****

CLAW Telecom

CLAW telecom
Not sure where to post this so..... I am looking for a pilot that can fly their own multi rotor craft up to 200 feet and take clear video/photos. The possible part time job is in the Tampa/St. Pete area ONLY and you must be able to pass a background check and drug test. If you are interested please send me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks!!

Kilby

I'm not sure if you are aware, but commercial flight is not allowed in the US. You can't simply hire a person for a part time job as a pilot.

CLAW Telecom

CLAW telecom
No, I was not aware that I could 't hire someone for a job like that. I am not trying to be difficult but under what federal, state or local statute(s) does that fall under?

The FAA are saying that folks here are not going to be able to fly commercially before 2020 at a minimum. 2015 was for RAPS, that is way late now as the six test sites have not been chosen. There are new fines on the table internationally for people that digress. If you have not found that out by now you have not undertaken due dilligence. This battle in the USA has been happening since 2007. If you would like to fly commercially move to the old world. History shows that things happen there first anyway ;-)

Kilby

Can you point us somewhere that statement is being made online, Gary? I haven't heard anything about 2020 yet.

Well people have gone off half cocked about 2015 Kilby, it was never going to be for private users just Police, Fire Rescue. The language of 2020 is here.

http://theresearchcorridor.com/UASSummit2011/agenda

and

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/joe-schoffstall/faa-predicts-10000-drones-could-be-skies-2020

I also read something where the man running the show at the FAA that said don't expect anything before 2020. All of this is subject to change of course. If I remember where that was I will send it on.

I personally think they won't be able to stop the tide and the easiest thing to do is adopt a standard already in place from Canada, Australia or the UK. That way folks can be in business safe in the knowledge that there interests are protected.

don't forget Alaska is going to be a free for all, perhaps because of oil exploration so you can always move there.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
No, I was not aware that I could 't hire someone for a job like that. I am not trying to be difficult but under what federal, state or local statute(s) does that fall under?

legality of unmanned aircraft ops for hire is a gray area, it can be argued that they aren't legal, it can be argued they aren't illegal. feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss or need further info.