Flight Times - Turnigy nano-tech versus Zippy compact

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Lovegroove

if you've got something to say then please feel free to join the conversations. if you want to continue to drop references to your content to pull traffic from the site then I'm going to ban you.

it's bad form and I'm tired of people doing it. we've had people that have only wanted to use the site for themselves so they drop content in the form of videos, for sale pitches etc. and do nothing to contribute to the community here.

this is your last warning.

bart

Do you not think that people would be interested to know that a $40 battery outperforms a $50 battery by 30%?

I've posted one thread about a competition that I thought other members might be interested in and this thread because again I thought they might be interested to know the information. I don't have a forum and I'm not directing people to a thread on a competing forum, so I don't really know what you're accusing me of. If you really feel that way and you want to treat all new users like that then go ahead and ban me.

I have over 2400 posts on RCGroups, almost all in multicopter or FPV forums and almost all of my posts are trying to help people with problems or giving advice to noobs. I find it a bit much to go accusing me of something after a total of 5 posts on this forum!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

usnooz

Do you not think that people would be interested to know that a $40 battery outperforms a $50 battery by 30%?
QUOTE]

Well in response to the test i would probably say that flight time is not the only factor, so to say outperforms is a bit general but interesting none the less.

I'm no expert so say for example 2 6000 mah batterys

over 6 mins 1 discharges 6000 and the other only discharges 5000 which is better?

would it be the 5000 (longer flight time) or possibly the 6000 because the 5000 is not supplying the full amount of needed gogo juice?

Well, if we ignore what the label says about capacity and just compare 2 batteries that have very similar size and weight, the cheaper battery outperforms the more expensive one by 30%.

We're going to repeat the test with a few different batteries to see if the results are repeatable.

usnooz

Well, if we ignore what the label says about capacity and just compare 2 batteries that have very similar size and weight, the cheaper battery outperforms the more expensive one by 30%.

We're going to repeat the test with a few different batteries to see if the results are repeatable.

What i'm trying to say is under what conditions would the one battery use more Mah than another?
I would have thought the multirotor would take whats needed? if one took 5000 and one took 6000 out over the same period why would this be?

In my head i would be questioning the one that only used 5000mah over the same time period as it may be hitting its peaks on what it can supply?

Bartman

try your tests again when it's 90+ deg outside. the Zippy's I've flown went to half of their C rating when the OAT temp went over 90. it makes that $10 of savings seem a lot less important when that happens.

so far, your posts are all to promote your blog. we had one guy who only posted to promote his videos and did very little to answer questions, now he's off promoting his own forum. don't be disingenuous, if you're posting content in your blog to generate traffic and you're pulling traffic from here, that's called being a troll.

You're welcome to participate here and link to your blog but if you intend to make a minimum number of posts in order to generate traffic for yourself then I'll have to ask you to stop.

Bartman

What i'm trying to say is under what conditions would the one battery use more Mah than another?
I would have thought the multirotor would take whats needed? if one took 5000 and one took 6000 out over the same period why would this be?

In my head i would be questioning the one that only used 5000mah over the same time period as it may be hitting its peaks on what it can supply?

this has been my experience. the mah per minute of flight time doesn't change that much with different batteries except where there's a big weight difference and even then it's still close. for the batteries to register much of a difference they[d have to be pretty inaccurate in their mah rating. monitoring the mah put back into the battery during charging gives a pretty good indication of what the battery is capable of delivering relative to what it's rated at.

jcmonty

For reference, I use two 4Ah 4s compact packs in parallel on my rig. They do very well and the IR is very low even after about 20-30 cycles (4mOhm and 2Ohm for my two sets of packs).

Torque66

I first bought Genace batts for their rep.... then i tried the Zips for price and weight.... now all i have are Zip compacts 4S 4000-4500mah....i sold all my Genace awhile ago.

From the responses that I've been getting about this test, it seems that I'm not the only one that's found that the zippy batteries are outperforming the nano-tech's.

Bartman

From the responses that I've been getting about this test, it seems that I'm not the only one that's found that the zippy batteries are outperforming the nano-tech's.

what was the outside air temp when you did your test?

About 16 degrees Celcius. Winter is on its way here, so no chance of doing any tests in warm temperatures for a long time, but will be doing some sub zero tests when it gets a bit colder.