Mikrokopter Fixed and flying again

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
My stock Hexa seems to have regained its composure now that I reverted back to .82 firmware and that's a good thing. During its little oops on the new firmware it crunched the Hisight mount when it fell out of the sky though the damage turned out to look worse than it actually was. A bit of CA to stick the broken bits back together and a couple braces made from pieces of G10 to bridge across the repair and its as good as new again. Fortunately over the winter I swapped out the cheesy little analog servos that came with it for a set of Hitec metal gear digitals so the only damage was the breaks in the frame of the mount the servos were fine.

Today I put the Canon SX 200 on it and did a long slow climb in P/H and vario A/H while snapping stills every 2 seconds and it worked flawlessly as it did before the firmware up/downgrade.

It still amazes me how well a stock Hexa works, set the position hold switch and just nudge the throttle a bit to go up, center it to stop, and then nudge it down a bit to come back down, and a bit of yaw here and there to pan, how much easier can it get!

Its good to have the workhorse back in the lineup! :D

Ken

Buzzed

Ken glad you're up and flying once again my friend. Just wish they would do a bit more testing on new firmware versions before they are released to the general public. I'm sure you don't like finding out the hard way that there is a bug.

zorba

I agree with Buzzed. Good job Ken. But how else will they sell any parts if people don't crash? LOL