Fist test clip with rig.

diverdan

This is the fist test clip with the Cinistar 8 with slr mount.

I think the gimble is not set up right. Any comments would be appreciated to make it smoother.
Dan

PS This isn't my house!
I shot it with no live feed, so it was shot blind.

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1111

I can see two particular issues - your pitch/pan inputs seem very sharp (is there a setting to calm that?) and there's a jerkiness in the footage suggesting, to my amateur eye, a looseness/slop somewhere in the system. With the camera mounted and the gimbal powered up, gently grip the front of the lens. If you can move at all, in any direction, there's something wrong.

What lens do you have on the D7000? Is the lens mount metal? Some of the kit lenses have plastic mounts and I've seen some with actual visible movement between the lens and the body - not good, since if you can move it then so can gravity.

diverdan

need to carm it down. as said i have to find a way of smoothing it down. The camera is a NIkon d700 with a tamron 100-35mm. The lens is sharp, and the mount is made of metal..The lens doens't move if you grab the optics.

Macsgrafs

Glad to see you got the old girl in the air Dan, looking good for the first attempt mate, well done.