First post. Got a Phantom Vision +........DOA

69RGH

Hello everyone,

As the title says, this is my first post on this forum. I recently bought a Phantom Vision + from B&H. Un-boxed and setup this morning and the Phantom would not fly stable. One of the motors sounds funny and won't turn until throttle up. Then the flight is very unstable. I am really disappointed with this product. I called B&H and they just want me to return it and wait for another. Have any of y'all had problems like this or did I get one that was built late on a Friday?

Thanks,
Robert

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone,

As the title says, this is my first post on this forum. I recently bought a Phantom Vision + from B&H. Un-boxed and setup this morning and the Phantom would not fly stable. One of the motors sounds funny and won't turn until throttle up. Then the flight is very unstable. I am really disappointed with this product. I called B&H and they just want me to return it and wait for another. Have any of y'all had problems like this or did I get one that was built late on a Friday?

Thanks,
Robert

it's hard to say, it could be anything. thank the supreme heavenly leader of your choosing that you bought it from a reputable dealer and that they are offering to replace it. a lot of other sources might not be so accommodating.

good luck,
bart

Tahoe Ed

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Robert

Robert,

The Vision + is a very stable craft. I do have a few questions. Did you do the Advanced IMU calibration in Assistant? When you went to fly did you calibrate the compass and were you away from sources of interference like metal buildings, high tension power lines, rebar in a concrete driveway to mention a few?

69RGH

I did the calibration. But there was something wrong with the motor. I decided to just return it. I am not happy that the motor was bad out of the box. I don't have a good feeling about the quality. I think I will get a different brand. I am also not happy that B&H won't process my refund for about a week after they receive the return.

Last edited by a moderator:

IM0001

Motors are moving parts, sometimes you might get the one bad one coming out of the factory. You were lucky it flew at all with a bad motor but I would not recommend trying to fly any craft when a motor is making any strange noises or acting differently then the others.
As far as DJI quality is concerned, their motors are not a common complaint.