first multirotor build, kit or separately?

Gambrinus

Im about to start buying for my first (dji f550) multi build, I could go the almost ready to fly kit or piecemeal it.

Are you glad about the direction you took or do you wish you went with the other option?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I went with a kit and built it myself. It was an excellent decision! I wish I had built my own car also because if it was to break down I would know how to fix it.

It's daunting at first but the feeling of seeing something you built take-off and do awesome stuff is just brilliant! Highly recommend a self-build option! :nevreness:

Gambrinus

To clarify, I do intend to build it, I was considering either getting the kit of parts or select and purchase all the components individually.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
To clarify, I do intend to build it, I was considering either getting the kit of parts or select and purchase all the components individually.

Ah, gotcha! I personally, for a first build, would start with a kit where you are certain all the components work together. Just my two cents of course!

I started with a DJI F550, all stock, two years ago. Still got it and it flies the same as it did when I first put it together. Never had to change a part through wear and tear either.

Good luck with things! :nevreness: