First micro quad build motor spin up troubles.

Pelted

So I finished up my little Micro Quad build last night. The setup is basically the Turnigy kit but I completely built it from the parts rather than buying the assembled unit. HK Link

The crux of the problem is moto 1 starts spinning up right at about 10% throttle. M4 and M3 start up maybe around 20% and M2 doesn't start spinning until maybe close to 50%. A hair over 50% and the quad flips itself over and slaps itself onto the ground without the left side ever coming up.

The KK board has been reset and every setting checked out and matching what many other have done for a small quad. I'm not sure if the problem is potentially the ESCs, or the motors and their wiring because I did have some solder challenges with the cut varnished motor wire. I really thought I got them connected well, but I'm just not sure where to begin testing with the DMM and what I should check.

I have the KK2.0 LCD board and got the motors all spinning in the right direction and followed all the tips and tricks spread out everywhere. The stupid prop savers that come with the motors are complete crap, the props just go flying off once there is any speed over 50% on the stick. I learned that the hard way. The lame push props took some work to figure out I needed to bore them a smidgen but now they mount fine.

Any ideas or guidance would be very much appreciated.

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } </style>

Pelted

Okay so I finally found the right combination of search terms I think and found this thread on calibrating throttle of Turnigy ESCs. I really hope this is the cause of my problem. Eager to get home from the office to try it.<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } </style>

Pelted

Wow once I did that and calibrated from the KK board again it all seems to be working.

Last edited by a moderator: