First FPV setup, f450

JG-rn

I was reading that manual mode is the best flight mode for fpv. Why is gps mode not preferred? What are the downsides to it?

Also, does the RTH fail safe work if NOT in gps mode? So if you're in manual mode a mile away and your vTX cuts on, the GPS still has the home coordinates?

DesJardins

I was reading that manual mode is the best flight mode for fpv. Why is gps mode not preferred? What are the downsides to it?

Also, does the RTH fail safe work if NOT in gps mode? So if you're in manual mode a mile away and your vTX cuts on, the GPS still has the home coordinates?
The best mode for FPV is the one YOU are comfortable with.
Manual mode is very agressive going FPV especially if your a beginner in FPV or MR's period.

99% of the time I fly FPV in Atti mode as GPS is very harsh on movement and doesn't allow for real smooth fast forward flight. Gain settings will help a ton especially in making the quad feel much "looser" while in Atti mode but still giving you stabalization to help out. Manual mode is where you'll be able to do whatever you want to once comfortable... Flips, rolls, very fast banks/turns and straight down freefalls as you won't run into a 45degree max tilt limit in Atti mode or even worse in GPS mode

As far as failsafe, when set right it doesn't matter what your flying because as long as before you leave it registers home with say lock it will trigger everything to come home in the GPS status.

If you have any questions on the modes, gains or all failsafe settings please ask

Last edited by a moderator:

JG-rn

The best mode for FPV is the one YOU are comfortable with.
Manual mode is very agressive going FPV especially if your a beginner in FPV or MR's period.

99% of the time I fly FPV in Atti mode as GPS is very harsh on movement and doesn't allow for real smooth fast forward flight. Gain settings will help a ton especially in making the quad feel much "looser" while in Atti mode but still giving you stabalization to help out. Manual mode is where you'll be able to do whatever you want to once comfortable... Flips, rolls, very fast banks/turns and straight down freefalls as you won't run into a 45degree max tilt limit in Atti mode or even worse in GPS mode

As far as failsafe, when set right it doesn't matter what your flying because as long as before you leave it registers home with say lock it will trigger everything to come home in the GPS status.

If you have any questions on the modes, gains or all failsafe settings please ask

Des,

How does attitude mode differ from gps mode? I still don't really understand what attitude mode is.

DesJardins

Des,

How does attitude mode differ from gps mode? I still don't really understand what attitude mode is.
Atti mode is a "stabalization" mode much like GPS mode.
But in GPS mode when you let go of the Pitch/Roll stick the MR will want to immediatly stop and hold it's position based on GPS... Atti allows the MR to continue moving but will auto-level to stabilize still.

In both Atti & GPS mode your max endpoint for the pitch/roll is 45degrees and if the MR goes over that'll angle it will snap back to correct. GPS is for AP work and Atti would be for sport flying while Manual would be for all out whatever you can throw at it.

Hope that helps!

Atti gains will greatly help with how the MR feels upon stick inputs and that is why I have the Basic Pitch/Roll gains set to a knob on my 8FGs & the Atti Pitch/Roll gains assigned to a differnt knob on the 8FGs so I can adjust while flying if need be.

JG-rn

Atti mode is a "stabalization" mode much like GPS mode.
But in GPS mode when you let go of the Pitch/Roll stick the MR will want to immediatly stop and hold it's position based on GPS... Atti allows the MR to continue moving but will auto-level to stabilize still.

In both Atti & GPS mode your max endpoint for the pitch/roll is 45degrees and if the MR goes over that'll angle it will snap back to correct. GPS is for AP work and Atti would be for sport flying while Manual would be for all out whatever you can throw at it.

Hope that helps!

Atti gains will greatly help with how the MR feels upon stick inputs and that is why I have the Basic Pitch/Roll gains set to a knob on my 8FGs & the Atti Pitch/Roll gains assigned to a differnt knob on the 8FGs so I can adjust while flying if need be.

Thank you. Makes sense now.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Three weeks since I ordered from RMRC and they haven't shipped yet

That is very unusual for RMRC, I've had nothing but great service from them and so have a lot of other people. I know they were a bit short staffed over the holidays, you may want to contact them directly and ask about the order status they're very good about taking care of any issues that customers have.

Ken

JG-rn

That is very unusual for RMRC, I've had nothing but great service from them and so have a lot of other people. I know they were a bit short staffed over the holidays, you may want to contact them directly and ask about the order status they're very good about taking care of any issues that customers have.

Ken
These friggin fatshark attitude goggles. Been out of stock for three weeks now.

DesJardins

If you placed an order that had an out of stock item the whole order is held until everything is there unless you order the in stock items only.

That's just a Fatshark stock issue

JG-rn

If you placed an order that had an out of stock item the whole order is held until everything is there unless you order the in stock items only.

That's just a Fatshark stock issue

I know.

I'm like a kid on christmas morning though I want this stuff in my hands NOW!! LOL

I just ordered this set from Hobby King.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=28750

I'm sure it's going to take forever for them to get here and once you got them ordered you just want them in your hands!

I didn't realize on my previous order from Hobby King that a couple of items were out of stock and I ordered about 20 things and now the whole orders not coming! It seems like in this hobby I learn a new lesson each day.

JG-rn

I just ordered this set from Hobby King.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=28750

I'm sure it's going to take forever for them to get here and once you got them ordered you just want them in your hands!

I didn't realize on my previous order from Hobby King that a couple of items were out of stock and I ordered about 20 things and now the whole orders not coming! It seems like in this hobby I learn a new lesson each day.

I placed an order with HK 4 weeks ago and I still don't have it!!!!

they sent me an email saying it can take 45 days!!!!

Well my second order now says it's been shipped. Any idea how long that takes to California? The email does say to allow up to 4 weeks!

JG-rn

Going on week 4 now, rmrc still hasn't shipped. They're response is they're waiting for components.

I like to think of myself as a patient person but COME ON!! Lol

Going on week 4 now, rmrc still hasn't shipped. They're response is they're waiting for components.

I like to think of myself as a patient person but COME ON!! Lol

I really probably don't want to hear the answer to this but... Has it been 4 weeks since you ordered or 4 weeks since it said it shipped?

JG-rn

I really probably don't want to hear the answer to this but... Has it been 4 weeks since you ordered or 4 weeks since it said it shipped?

No, this is the 4th week since I ordered. They never shipped anything. When I ask they say they're waiting for components to restock.