First FPV Quadcopter Build List...

Ok, I am new to the RC "world" but have some basic knowledge about it.
I am going to build my first quad, for FPV purposes.
Here goes...

Frame: QAV500 V2 with 500mm G10 arms.
Flight Controller: Open Pilot CC3D.
Motors: SunnySky V2216-12 800Kv.
ESC: Velotech Magic 30A simonK flashed.
Props: HQ 10x5 CW & CCW.
Battery: Zippy Flightmax 4s 30c 5000mAh.
Tx/Rx: Turnigy 9x 9ch (mode2 v2)
(and the usual wire, servo leads, connectors, ect.)

Thank you so much for helping out and taking your time to read this, I know you receive many of these style threads daily, but I am grateful.
But before someone posts "do your research" I want to say that I have done many hours of research, and I am prepared to answer questions and respond to comments.
Even though I have done research and am comfortable with my selection, I would like some opinions from more experienced people.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Natebird

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
All looks pretty much okay but not a big fan of CC3D boards, prefer the Naze32's but it does depend what you plan on doing with the quad on what features you want. The Naze32 Acro is excellent on my Q400-X, super stable and super responsive.

Also not a fan of putting a $2 radio on a $500+ airframe, the 9X is good enough to get you going without breaking the bank though, I am a big fan of spending up on your base RC control system, buy once and buy well and you will have it for a long time. I bought a Futaba 8FG Super for my #2 son to replace his 9X and he has not looked back.

All looks pretty much okay but not a big fan of CC3D boards, prefer the Naze32's but it does depend what you plan on doing with the quad on what features you want. The Naze32 Acro is excellent on my Q400-X, super stable and super responsive.

Also not a fan of putting a $2 radio on a $500+ airframe, the 9X is good enough to get you going without breaking the bank though, I am a big fan of spending up on your base RC control system, buy once and buy well and you will have it for a long time. I bought a Futaba 8FG Super for my #2 son to replace his 9X and he has not looked back.

Ok thanks for the recommendation on the radio tx/rx.
For the flight controller, what do you use the Naze32 for?
Like I said, I would like to use this quad for fpv, and the CC3D has gotten lots of use for fpv purposes.

Thanks,
-Natebird

TahoeTim

I use the Naze32 because it has built in compatibility with my Taranis radio telemetry. To me the fc argument is a ford chevy argument. The Naze32 supports gimble control but I don't use it on my quad, yet.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Ok thanks for the recommendation on the radio tx/rx.
For the flight controller, what do you use the Naze32 for?
Like I said, I would like to use this quad for fpv, and the CC3D has gotten lots of use for fpv purposes.

Thanks,
-Natebird
I have Naze32 Acro in Spanky 250 size quad and Q400-X 450 size quad and also in a Blackout Spider Hex, I was running CC3D but swapped to the Nazes and prefer them.