First flight!!! Wow

subsonic9

Holy cow! First flight under my belt. All the scary Burning Lipo, Flyaway stuff is fading just a little. Now for more flight time. Thanks to this forum for the info and posts that helped to just get out and fly. Next gimbal and fpv!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Good on you Sub.

The more that you fly the better you will get and the more you will enjoy it.

Pete

subsonic9

I'm flying a F450 Naza M V2, 10" props, Devo7 Tx. Having a blast. Keeping it slow and low for now. Trying to figure out how gimbals connect to Naza and what all is needed. It's a bit confusing. Gotta get more batteries.

subsonic9

Waiting to buy a gimbal. Not sure what all I need to hook up to Naza-M V2. Do I need a GCU? Things are foggy to me. Keep asking myself why I waited so long to buy the quad.

Gotta jump in on this thread too since I just got my second flight done - I'm mostly a lurker but I managed to go from completely green to building a nice f550 that WORKS, mostly because of this forum... keep up the chit-chat guys! I'll try to contribute my experiences too.

My question to the veterans: how long before the FEAR wears off? I've spent so much money and sweat putting this thing together, and it flies so beautifully, but whenever it's above even 15 feet all I'm doing is picturing it all crashing down in an instant... so my flights have been exceedingly tame!

subsonic to answer your question I have a tarot t-2d for my go pro... it comes with its own GCU, and I have the pitch control plugged straight into the Naza so I can tilt it with a knob. It works fantastically now, BUT setting it up was full of headaches due to various design flaws of the gimbal IMO. Would I recommend the Tarot? ... maybe.

subsonic9

I'm leaning toward Zenmuse. The price kinda stings a little. I can't wait for all the fears to fade away also.

I wish I had gone with Zenmuse myself, but they seemed to be out of stock everywhere, so I settled.

My big problem with fear is I live in a dense city with nowhere good to practice flying (without a significant drive). And when I do find a semi open space, there's still always a much bigger chance I drop it on someone's car or head or baby than if I lived in Kansas or something...

subsonic9

Well, being fairly rural isn't all it's cracked up to be. My worry is the trees and ponds. I keep telling myself to get over it. It's only money. Lol

PCMAerial

Congrats on the build! I came to this site completely green, and a few members really helped my OVER-analysis and questions along the way. Flying similar, a custom built (f550,Nazav2) and couldn't be happier. Aside from ALWAYS wanting to upgrade, the best way to learn is to stay low and take baby steps. Learn your rig inside and out. Fly respectively and you'll be set. I've learned if you have to question the legality or safety of a flight. Don't do it. Happy flying and keep us updated on the progress!