First flight Cheerson CX-20 settings??

Gordoca

Hi guy's. I just ordered my first Cheerson CX-20 (open source) from Bangood, I expect it to arrive around the end of October... yiiippeee!
But I have forgotten what settings are best for a new pilot's first manual flight (after calibration and set-up of course)??
As I remember, you should have AltHold and RTL enabled for sure. That way you can manually fly it around, but it will maintain the same altitude (is that right). But I'm not sure about the other fail safe's to make sure your brand new shiny CX-20 doesn't fly away? Are there a thread in this forum that talks about that subject please?
Thanks for the help!

safety3rd

Basic operation of the Cheerson CX-20 quadcopter:
1. Binding the quadcopter

• insert the battery into the quadcopter battery container and connect them. The Red indicator light and the Green indicator light will blink rapidly alternately;
  • turn on the transmitter, put the throttle stick to the lowest position, the binding with the quadcopter will succeed after the switching-on sound of the transmitter stops.
2. Receive the GPS signals with the aircraft

• the first time outdoor, it takes longer to get the GPS signals, please wait about 2-3 minutes until the LED light becomes steady;
  • be careful, do not use the GPS Mode for indoor flight in order to avoid accidents.

3. Motor Unlock & Motor Lock

• put down the throttle stick to the bottom right position, when the Red light become steady, the motors are unlocked;
  • once binding, put down the throttle stick on the transmitter to the bottom left position. when the Red light blinks, the motors are locked.
Calibration of the CX-20 quadcopter. If the quadcopter flies unsteadily, it needs to be recalibrated the gyros system:

• move the throttle stick of the RC to bottom left, the Red light and Green light blinks alternately, then it is locked.
  • move the throttle stick to bottom right until the rear red and yellow lights blink alternately, then to take off the quadcopter and make it hover in the air for more than 20 seconds, land and lock it again. The aircraft will fly steadily after it is re-unlocked.

Gordoca

Basic operation of the Cheerson CX-20 quadcopter:
1. Binding the quadcopter

• insert the battery into the quadcopter battery container and connect them. The Red indicator light and the Green indicator light will blink rapidly alternately;
  • turn on the transmitter, put the throttle stick to the lowest position, the binding with the quadcopter will succeed after the switching-on sound of the transmitter stops.
2. Receive the GPS signals with the aircraft

• the first time outdoor, it takes longer to get the GPS signals, please wait about 2-3 minutes until the LED light becomes steady;
  • be careful, do not use the GPS Mode for indoor flight in order to avoid accidents.

3. Motor Unlock & Motor Lock

• put down the throttle stick to the bottom right position, when the Red light become steady, the motors are unlocked;
  • once binding, put down the throttle stick on the transmitter to the bottom left position. when the Red light blinks, the motors are locked.
Calibration of the CX-20 quadcopter. If the quadcopter flies unsteadily, it needs to be recalibrated the gyros system:

• move the throttle stick of the RC to bottom left, the Red light and Green light blinks alternately, then it is locked.
  • move the throttle stick to bottom right until the rear red and yellow lights blink alternately, then to take off the quadcopter and make it hover in the air for more than 20 seconds, land and lock it again. The aircraft will fly steadily after it is re-unlocked.
That's perfect for a pre-flight "how to" safety3rd, thanks!. But I was more looking to the Mission Planner settings and flight modes.

Gordoca

That's exactly what I was hoping for Camflite, you are the man! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...lol...thanks!!