First Drone - Please Help.

Farfigngn1

Hello,
Im new to the forum and looking forward to learning more about drones. Im thinking that a drone kit would be a good start and an excellent project for me and my son to share. I think a build would be a lot of fun and a great way to start. Im also thinking of using it for multiple uses. I would like aerial photos/video of course, but also would like to use it for some fishing applications believe it or not. That might add some challenges but I think according to what I've seen here and on other sights it is possible. In regard to the fishing application which might be a challenge I first need the drone to be able to carry a 4 to 5 pound payload minimum 200 to 300 yards over water at a relatively low altitude. Drop the payload which can be done with clips (nothing sophisticated) and then return to my location. It could also take place during the day or at night so I'm sure i would need gps since i won't probably be able to see the drone at night very well. Camera/gimble doesn't have to be high end. Im on a bit of a budget and trying to go as low as possible. I saw the F550 kit and even just the frame. Was wondering if the stock kit motors and batteries would be able to handle the requirements im looking for or would i have to get the motors separately? Any thoughts and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if I'm possible unrealistic for a limited budget? Thanks.

RENOV8R

You won't be able to build a 'copter that'll carry a 5 pound payload for under a few thousand dollars. What on earth are you fishing for that you need to carry that much weight! Believe it or not, drone fishing is not that uncommon (google it) in fact I have a simple setup on my Tarot 650 with a downrigger clip.

Farfigngn1

Hey Renov8r,
Thanks for the reply. It sounds crazy but want to drop a shark rig with bate. Tired of the Kyack drop. I might be able to bring the weight down to about 3 lbs but that’s pushing it for what I want. I was looking at a few hexacopters including the F550 that had some mods that claimed to be able to lift similar payload weights. I’ve seen a few on YouTube also. Was wondering what mods they might have used and costs involved. Don’t know how I might fare with used equipment for the build. Tell me if this is a pipe dream or can I pull it off. All I need for the drops I’d 250 - 300 yards and back to the beach. Is it possible?

Hello,
Im new to the forum and looking forward to learning more about drones. Im thinking that a drone kit would be a good start and an excellent project for me and my son to share. I think a build would be a lot of fun and a great way to start. Im also thinking of using it for multiple uses. I would like aerial photos/video of course, but also would like to use it for some fishing applications believe it or not. That might add some challenges but I think according to what I've seen here and on other sights it is possible. In regard to the fishing application which might be a challenge I first need the drone to be able to carry a 4 to 5 pound payload minimum 200 to 300 yards over water at a relatively low altitude. Drop the payload which can be done with clips (nothing sophisticated) and then return to my location. It could also take place during the day or at night so I'm sure i would need gps since i won't probably be able to see the drone at night very well. Camera/gimble doesn't have to be high end. Im on a bit of a budget and trying to go as low as possible. I saw the F550 kit and even just the frame. Was wondering if the stock kit motors and batteries would be able to handle the requirements im looking for or would i have to get the motors separately? Any thoughts and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if I'm possible unrealistic for a limited budget? Thanks.

You mentioned GPS, I have one Trackimo 3G GPS tracking device that attached to my drone

JCDSparky

You mentioned GPS, I have one Trackimo 3G GPS tracking device that attached to my drone

Hey all !! Ummm so I get the fishing thing , I get the weight saltwater fishing thing LOL.
Ummmmm.. What size boat are you planning on using this from???
The size of the drone to carry that much can be done but you need a decent landing and T/O area especially in up and down sloshing off shore conditions!!?

Farfigngn1

Hey all !! Ummm so I get the fishing thing , I get the weight saltwater fishing thing LOL.
Ummmmm.. What size boat are you planning on using this from???
The size of the drone to carry that much can be done but you need a decent landing and T/O area especially in up and down sloshing off shore conditions!!?

Hey thanks for the reply. Actually will be on the beach no boat involved so landing area shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Would like to be able to transport a couple hundred yards if possible. Was looking at the Tarot 680pro possibly but not sure what size motors for this application?

Jason S

I think you could use the dji 550 frame and maybe change the motor/ prop.
dji 550 standard is arounf 2.2kg i believe so if you change to a little bigger motor if could lift it.
E310 propulsions or E800 propulsions motor set maybe??
it also might give you a chance to get home if a motor stops working

Rahulkumar

Hello,

Rahulkumar

Hello,
Hello,

Max Br

You can go for DJI Mavic, or Parrot Bebop II drone or drone x pro.
If looking at something on the low budget yet very efficient - the drone x pro is around $99 and it's amazing.
You can view here:

Austin702

Flame wheel 550 was actually my starter drone its alot of fun to build I have the zenmuse h3-3d so if you used a gopro you know the video is good even for fpv one big issue I can't seem to figure out is the flight time...I defiantly wouldnt be flying mine over water yet