First Build

What batteries will you be using? I think you need to run your setup through ecalc. I think a 10" prop is going to be small for those motors. I run a 12" prop with 4s lipo on some 3508 700kv motors. (T-motor)

Also, for a gopro I would probably just use a quad setup and use the savings to get a better gimbal. The tarot gopro gimbals seem to work well for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cootertwo

I don't think you want to use those batteries. Maybe for a flashlight, but not for a quad/hex. I agree with going with a quad, as opposed to a hex. A hex is actually 1 and 1/2 quads, so to speak. Hex = more $$$, more weight, and more battery. Just sayin.

Joe0121

What batteries will you be using? I think you need to run your setup through ecalc. I think a 10" prop is going to be small for those motors. I run a 12" prop with 4s lipo on some 3508 700kv motors. (T-motor)

Also, for a gopro I would probably just use a quad setup and use the savings to get a better gimbal. The tarot gopro gimbals seem to work well for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what led me to Li-ION
http://flitetest.com/articles/ncr18650b-the-future-of-rc-aircraft-batteries

As far as the hexcopter, I eventually want to do a GPS/FPV setup so wanted to make sure I had the horse power so to speak also I just dig the way they look.

Joe0121

I don't think you want to use those batteries. Maybe for a flashlight, but not for a quad/hex. I agree with going with a quad, as opposed to a hex. A hex is actually 1 and 1/2 quads, so to speak. Hex = more $$$, more weight, and more battery. Just sayin.
Any recommendations on a frame?

Pumpkinguy

Looks at the airgear 350 drive train package. 4 awesome motors, 4 esc's and 4 props. $129us. Tmotor qualty at hobby king price.

Get a nice 350-400 sized frame.

F

fengshuidrone

I have a few old laptop batteries laying around with some good cells in them still. I'm going to try out the recycled Li-Ion battery thing and report back.....