Firmware update (V2.5) for A2 pulled after defects noted by users

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thread title and first post edited by me.

thanks to @sk8brd for sharing that detail with us, would have been nice if DJI had the presence of mind to come back and update the thread.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Damn. And I was hoping for 100.002%!
I do a lot of one-man stuff and use the two receiver method. It gives me access to all the workarounds mentioned above. You do need 14 radio channels mind you to get 3-axis control plus record/shutter and the Oh-So-Useful 90° down flip on the Zens.

But when a two-man job comes up it is but seconds to bind the gimbal Rx to the CamOp radio.

Ahh I misread your first post, I thought you were referring to single op in general as useless. Ok.. interesting, I do have a 14SG radio.. just need a few more receivers... I may try your method someday soon!

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
just a heads up guys.....ed posted this on that other forum...would of been nice if this was updated on this forum as well..hope no one had issues..

"There was issue with the v1.6 Assistant and v2.5 firmware. A few users experienced the motors going into uncommanded motor test. DJI removed the Assistant out of an abundance of caution. v1.8 will be introduced shortly."

i imagine some got quite the surprise on the bench.
I actually did the "danger version upgrade" with the props on (SJ X8 with 18x6.1 T-motor props on KDE Motors) the next morning I read the warning... Note to self, don't be lazy and just remove the damn 16 prop bolts in the future, If my SJ would have lit up, I'd be dead right now...

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
With using the internal receiver, we are not able to bind a second ? No ?
You can bind as many receivers to a single transmitter as you like - including in addition to the A2 built in Rx. I have always used two receivers, one for aircraft control and one for the camera/mount.

sk8brd

I actually did the "danger version upgrade" with the props on (SJ X8 with 18x6.1 T-motor props on KDE Motors) the next morning I read the warning... Note to self, don't be lazy and just remove the damn 16 prop bolts in the future, If my SJ would have lit up, I'd be dead right now...

I think were all guilty of doing things like that, i know i am. I think its totally irresponsible of dji not to go every forum where there announce these great "updates" and tell customers whats up. i can only imagine what could of happened to some with larger setups..this forum has a lot of guys that run custom larger setups compared to the dji rtf stuff used by the majority on other forums so you would think it would of been a priority .. glad nothing happened!

econfly

I usually do updates / maintenance connected to a current limiting power supply. Solves the problem without having to pull props.

Pumpkinguy

You can bind as many receivers to a single transmitter as you like - including in addition to the A2 built in Rx. I have always used two receivers, one for aircraft control and one for the camera/mount.

This is a little old but got me thinking. Are you saying you can take a 14sg. Connect to internal rx for flight control and a second rx for camera control and control both at the same.time using various sliders and knobs etc?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If you use the right receiver then yes. Basically the Internal rec would take Sbus 1 -8 and the external (if set up properly) could use the PPM channels 9-14.