Firmware 3.16, IOSD MINI, and BTU

pangloss

I was going to buy an IOSD this week, funny this mini comes out today. Does the mini have the same features as the regular? I mainly want the flight logging.

-------

View attachment 13081

BTU Module

• The Naza-M now provides assistant software for iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPad3, iPad4, iPadmini, iPod5. You can do parameter adjustments at any time on your mobile devices, using only the BTU with a built-in Bluetooth module which makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile devices. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your mobile devices.

• Built-in Bluetooth(4.0)
  • Working Temperature: -10℃~+50℃
  • Communication Distance: 50m
  • Weight: 17g
  • Power Consumption: 240mw(0.04A@6V)

iOSD mini

• The Naza-M now supports iOSD Mini. This will undoubtedly give you a fantastic FPV flight performance. Depending upon DJI’s accumulation of historic and reliable information integration technology, the iOSD Mini can grab the most accurate first-hand flight data information in the shortest possible time.

• Voltage: 6V
  • Working Temperature: -20℃~+60℃
  • Video Input/Output Mode: PAL/NTSC(automatically recognize)
  • Weight: 14g
  • Working Current (Typical Value): 180mA@6V

The new firmware supports Bluetooth adjustment.
What’s new?

• Firmware Parameter configuration by NM Assistant is supported. (BTU module is required. Download the App software from iOS App store or scan the QR code to get the download link.)
    iOSD mini supported.
    S-bus II receiver supported.
    Optimize the warming up condition, to avoid a long wait period before aircraft can takeoff.
  • Software Add tips for IMU Advanced calibration time out.
  • Manual Add connection diagrams when used with other DJI products.

Attachments

• naza_v2_btu_iosd_mini1.jpg
    naza_v2_btu_iosd_mini1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 563

Tim Green

Installed Assistant 2.16 using exe installation. Ran it. It popped open in the upgrade screen, only screen it will open BTW, and tells me I need to upgrade 3.14 to 3.14. It won't upgrade to 3.16 FW, IOW. Assistant 2.14 still works fine.

I was going to buy an IOSD this week, funny this mini comes out today. Does the mini have the same features as the regular? I mainly want the flight logging.

-------

Funnily enough I was thinking much the same... I too had planned on ordering the IOSD. I Downloaded the manual the on screen information looks pretty much the same but no mention of data logging... which is a feature I'd really like to have. Also no mention of prices and when they might become available to purchase...

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes it would be nice if they actually had the 3.16 firmware mounted for download, can't rush these things I suppose.

Seriously though why put up the V2.16 Assistant and forget the 3.16 firmware.

After a bit more research it appears the iOSD mini is no good assuming you running Naza M V2 and you also want to add the GoPro Zenmuse and the new blue tooth LED module... you wont have enough CAN-Bus ports to run everything. might stick with the original iOSD at least it has a CAN-Bus hub. Why don't DJI think of all these things... would not be that uncommon for someone to be wanting all these combinations.

Tahoe Ed

You can add a Can Bus hub. It will work. I have one on my F450. I would not recommend it for the Phantom.

Yeah i just came across this on the DJI website hidden away... good luck finding anyone who sells those CAN-Bus hubs....

View attachment 13093

Attachments

• DJI Innovations  When Naza-M is used with other DJI products.jpg
    DJI Innovations When Naza-M is used with other DJI products.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,408

DJI has released the Naza-M firmware 3.16, the BTU and the iOSD mini

BTU Module

The Naza-M now provides assistant software for iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPad3, iPad4, iPadmini, iPod5. You can do parameter adjustments at any time on your mobile devices, using only the BTU with a built-in Bluetooth module which makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile devices. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your safety link. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you changed your mobile devices.

Built-in Bluetooth(4.0)
Working Temperature: -10℃~+50℃
Communication Distance: 50m
Weight: 17g
Power Consumption: 240mw(0.04A@6V)

iOSD mini

The Naza-M now supports iOSD Mini. This will undoubtedly give you a fantastic FPV flight performance. Depending upon DJI’s accumulation of historic and reliable information integration technology, the iOSD Mini can grab the most accurate first-hand flight data information in the shortest possible time.

Voltage: 6V
Working Temperature: -20℃~+60℃
Video Input/Output Mode: PAL/NTSC(automatically recognize)
Weight: 14g
Working Current (Typical Value): 180mA@6V

The new firmware supports Bluetooth adjustment.

What’s new?

Firmware

Parameter configuration by NM Assistant is supported. (BTU module is required. Download the App software from iOS App store or scan the QR code to get the download link.)

iOSD mini supported.

S-bus II receiver supported.

Optimize the warming up condition, to avoid a long wait period before aircraft can takeoff.
Software

Add tips for IMU Advanced calibration time out.
Manual

Add connection diagrams when used with other DJI products.

Notices:

Make sure to reconfigure all parameters in the assistant software after upgrading firmware, since V3.16 upgrade will reset all parameters.
For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Sorry but the update is not yet available through the 2.16 software.

You need to sort the download out guys.

So when will they support Andriod... Like to get this but dont really want to have to also purchase an Apple product just to do this...

Tim Green

And now their new v1.18 manual will not download from their site. Someone over there isn't taking care of business. Does DJI have financial problems we don't know about? Seems no one over there is minding the store any more.

pangloss

Guys, they just made the press release a few hours ago. It announces this stuff, but doesn't say when it will be available.

+1 Android support, people who would own and wire up a Naza kit have a high probability of being on Android..

mongo

lost soul
don't know the probabilities, but, this guy who owns naza kit, as well as zero uav stuff, is on winphone devices.
so how bout some support for us?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
And now their new v1.18 manual will not download from their site. Someone over there isn't taking care of business. Does DJI have financial problems we don't know about? Seems no one over there is minding the store any more.

Don't think so but they just moved their site from dji-innovations.com to dji.com, looks like they stuffed it up big time.

This stuff is quite simple to fix, what the hell are they doing, having a few days off?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Just got an email from DJI saying they have it all sorted.

Loaded it up and have gone through and done all the calibrations and I can now not arm the motors. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
So when will they support Andriod... Like to get this but dont really want to have to also purchase an Apple product just to do this...

Yes apparently Android is now 80% of the smartphone market, pretty normal though, GoPro did the same thing, had to wait a few extra weeks before the Android App was available, was worth the wait though. I do find it interesting that I have had a bluetooth app and adapter for my ZYX-S FBL controller for something like a year but many main stream controllers do not have a BT adapter yet.

It is not that big of a deal once you have your Naza dialed in there should not be much call to change settings.

AerialVid

Yes apparently Android is now 80% of the smartphone market, pretty normal though, GoPro did the same thing, had to wait a few extra weeks before the Android App was available, was worth the wait though. I do find it interesting that I have had a bluetooth app and adapter for my ZYX-S FBL controller for something like a year but many main stream controllers do not have a BT adapter yet.

It is not that big of a deal once you have your Naza dialed in there should not be much call to change settings.

iphone has 13.2% of the market... I would say Apple does a good job appearing to be the market leader and companies continue to believe it.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/08/08/iphone-sinks-as-android-seizes-market-share/

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
You're probably dealing with Apple Fanboys! they will not have anything to do with Android, even if they only have 18% of the market. I used to use an app on an Apple I had many years ago, the app is a fantastic tracking app but the developer will not port it over to Android, says it is not worth their time....lol

erumaithi

the reason they do not support Android because it does not support bluetooth 4.0. Google just released the last version 3 weeks ago to add the support. But you know the problem with android fragmentation it will take months until OEM implement the new software in the phones.

that is why iphone and ipad have the support for 4.0 from day one.