Finally starting to feel comfortable

mbowser

The learning curve on this hobby has been steep, but my son and I are finally starting to dial things in and get more comfortable bombing around. We flew 2 batteries (4000mAh ~9 - 11 minutes) Saturday, 4 batteries Sunday, and 3 more today after my son got home from school. We had fun over the weekend, but had a couple of nasty crashes that shook our confidence. Today though, things just all came together and we didn't have one crash on the 3 batteries we flew and the last one my son took off and never landed until the battery alarm went off 9 minutes and 20 seconds later (a new record for us).

We had our maiden flight on January 4th and haven't had much practice because of the weather until this weekend, it's actually been pretty frustrating but today made it all worth it. We still need a ton more practice, but I'm now seeing how much fun this is all going to be and for the first time, wasn't completely nervous about crashing.

View attachment 16022
Sunset flight with a crescent moon.

Were still super noobs, but getting better with each flight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kH2P3oNl8

Attachments

• IMG_20140203_172247280.jpg
    IMG_20140203_172247280.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 324

jbrumberg

Matt- Maybe you should rent your son out to us older newbee guys who are a little slower in mind and reflex for educating and training... Him to us:upset:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Congratulations on the successful flights!!! It's almost weird to be flying without crashing :)

im im headed the other way around. I crashed, got better, and then went right back to crashing.