Finally New Motors

Seadog

So since my learning curve was kinda long and I had many unplanned landings due to bad soldering etc. I figured it was time to replace the motors. Hard decision. Being retired I have to watch my pennies and this hobby is draining the piggy bank fast. I read another posting from England about Sunnysky motors and the person speaking favorably about them. Figured I'd take the plunge. They came today and of course raining but I swapped out the motors and did a quick hop in my yard. Motors so far seem fairly decent especially for the price. Quad weight is at 1499g at the moment with the gopro in it's protective case on a tripod mount for now. Didn't try flight times etc. just wanted to see how it flew. Little jello but that's due to the mounting being done hastily. Will update as soon as I get a chance to fly more and no rain.
First time buying from this site but was fast service and replies to email fairly fast.
SunnySky 2212
KV980 Brushless Motor
$16.95
Specifications:
Stator Diameter .......... 22 mm
Stator Height..............12 mm
Outside Diameter ..........28 mm
Body Length ...............28 mm
Shaft Diameter ............3 mm
Motor Kv ..................980 RPM / Volt
Motor Weight ..............56 g
Accesory Weight...........13 g
http://epbuddy.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for the report Warren!
I may have to give them a try as well as I've been hoping to build a sport quad so I can finally shake my bad habits and become a better flyer.
Enjoy your new set-up!
Bart

Seadog

Thanks. Just wanted to shoot a quick video and comment about those motors just incase others were looking for alternatives. The leg extensions vibrate and isn't jello from the camera. etc. Hope to have a better video when weather clears up.

Seadog

Got a break in the weather and just flew a full battery (3s 2800 30c) to see how steady of a video I could get with the gopro just bolted onto the flamewheel with the tripod mount. I think is pretty smooth. So am happy with the motors.

Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

nice!
im waiting for a set of 2814-8's to show up to upgrade the stock dji's that im running, they just seem to be lacking the umpf thats needed at times.
im planing on running them on 4s as well.

looks like you are some where in mass.
:)

Seadog

Just other side of the river from Springfield, Ma. Not sure of the ump on these although I did hit the throttle by accident and it went zoom. LOL still I'm at 1499g for weight so I'm still happy with it.

mailman35

cool,
well i blame kloner for this motor upgrade after watching his video, and seeing all that additional thrust that was coming from the quad made me go wow :p