few question about my QAV500g

aonavy

I've done a ton of research on on why when I yaw, my copter wobbles/dips. I think I have come to the conclusion that the motors, the 2 front ones, are not straight. I'm not sure how to tell if they are or not. The reason why I think their slanted is because I used an Leveling app on the Iphone. I placed the Iphone on top of the bolt for the props and its off some. The 2 back motors are pretty much dead on. Is there a way to accurately see if there slanted? Is the way I did it good enough? If so, how do I fix this? I feel if I try to bend the arms, they might snap.

2nd- I want to find to COG of the copter. How do I go about doing this. I couldn't find any good write up or videos. This might be the cause of my YAW issues too

Thanks in advanced
popcorn.gif

Specs of Copter:
QAV500G
-Naza-M V2+GPS+DJI PMU+BTU+ GS
-4xT-Motor 4006-13 740kv multi motors with current 10x4.5 props
-AlexMos Brushless Gimbal Controller with IMU
-GoPro HEro 3 Black
-Fat Shark Predator RTF Kit
-ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz 25mW Video Transmitter Powered Video Link (Fatshark)
-Spectrum DX7s 7 Channel Transmitter
-AR8000 Receiver

I've done a ton of research on on why when I yaw, my copter wobbles/dips. I think I have come to the conclusion that the motors, the 2 front ones, are not straight. I'm not sure how to tell if they are or not. The reason why I think their slanted is because I used an Leveling app on the Iphone. I placed the Iphone on top of the bolt for the props and its off some. The 2 back motors are pretty much dead on. Is there a way to accurately see if there slanted? Is the way I did it good enough? If so, how do I fix this? I feel if I try to bend the arms, they might snap.

2nd- I want to find to COG of the copter. How do I go about doing this. I couldn't find any good write up or videos. This might be the cause of my YAW issues too

Thanks in advanced
popcorn.gif

Specs of Copter:
QAV500G
-Naza-M V2+GPS+DJI PMU+BTU+ GS
-4xT-Motor 4006-13 740kv multi motors with current 10x4.5 props
-AlexMos Brushless Gimbal Controller with IMU
-GoPro HEro 3 Black
-Fat Shark Predator RTF Kit
-ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz 25mW Video Transmitter Powered Video Link (Fatshark)
-Spectrum DX7s 7 Channel Transmitter
-AR8000 Receiver

Get you a cheap bubble level from readymade RC and put it on the arms closest to the motor. If that is level then you may not have screwed the motors in even...

As far as COG I am sure you can email Tim at GetFPV and he will show you where it is at. From there balance on your fingers. Also, as a heads up you are probably going to need more than 25mw... if that is on your craft and not on your ground station. What cell battery are you using. Should be a 4 cell.

aonavy

Get you a cheap bubble level from readymade RC and put it on the arms closest to the motor. If that is level then you may not have screwed the motors in even...

As far as COG I am sure you can email Tim at GetFPV and he will show you where it is at. From there balance on your fingers. Also, as a heads up you are probably going to need more than 25mw... if that is on your craft and not on your ground station. What cell battery are you using. Should be a 4 cell.

sorry for the typo. I'm running a 600mw on the craft with a 5000 4s battery.

I'm just using the googles on the other end.

Thanks for the info too. Ill be sure to reach out to him. Does he have email?