Feiyu Tech's FY-30A - Gimbal Controller or Good hardware lacking good code?

RotorTalk

No Longer Active
Whilst I'm waiting for a Gimbal controller that needs to be told something about its relation to the COG etc. I'm messing about (like others) with the FY-30A. After upgrading the firmware and doing a re-init I found I was still struggling with the gain settings, I don't really know what the hell one is meant to move by how much. I gave up on their so called "Gimbal mode' mainly 'cos you can't switch it off. So, interested in roll only - I wired it all up and then got a magnifying glass out and had a real close look. I fitted a 60mm macro to the D700 and took this shot which is quite revealing (WARNING, file is largish):

View attachment 3405

The pots are actually numbered for left and right (Normal or Reverse) swing. The part that rotates has two little dimples which indicate the reference point. The smallest adjustment with a 1.4mm flat screwdriver made a HUGE difference. I settled on 3 degrees.

What Feiyu need to do is put a nice handle on the Aileron pot ;-) (God Bless them)

BTW an FY30A squeezes nicely into the gap between the roll rollers on an AV200...

Attachments

• FY-30A Macro.jpg
    FY-30A Macro.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 262