Mikrokopter FC/ NAVI Issues....

subpar

Hello all,

I had recently purchased a Cinestar 8 from a third party. The hardware is as as follows:

- Okto XL Distro board
- FC V2.1 ME w/ ACC Upgrade
- Navi-Control V2.0

I received the above running firmware 2.0A. After assembling the CS8, I calibrated the ACC and Compass. I verified in MKTools that eveything was good and no error codes were present. I then proceeded to perform some test flights. My actions were as follows:

After verifying I had a good satillite connection and calibrating the gyro, I would take off in complete manual / FREE mode to verify trim and that all motors and MKTool settings were correct. After getting to a safe height / hover, I will turn Altitude hold ON. Once that is established and I see its working correctly (which it does), I will attempt to go from FREE mode to PH mode. Then the heli acted like it starts to loose power and quick decends rapidly. I immediately switched back to FREE mode, and once again, everything returned to normal.

I landed the copter and remained at idle. I then switched to PH mode while on the ground... Even though this is not recommeded or optimal, I attempted to take off in PH mode. I got zero response. The motors would not spool up any higher than idle. A friend who is very experienced with MK advised me to reflash the setup with 0.90j firmware as he claims its much less buggy than 2.0.

So I did that, and once again completed all the calibrations. Still nothnig has changed.

Currently, my 3 postition switch is set up as: FREE mode (forward), PH (middle), and CH (back). Just on a hunch I decided to reverse the switch in the transmitter settings so now CH is foward. After doing this, I attempted to start / fly the CS8. Now, it will only take of in CH mode!!! I thought this wasn't even possible to do?!? So it seems as if only the foward switch is being recognized? I'm at a deadend here. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Chris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
double check all of your channel assignments in MKtool, it sounds like you have altitude hold and GPS on the same channel or POTI. when you can't take off but the motors are running it's almost always because altitude hold is active. for that channel, low is off, high is active (altitude hold, on)

subpar

Hey Bart,

That was one of my initial thoughts as well. But their on different channels. Poti-1 is AH and Poti-2 is Nav.

Hey Bart,

That was one of my initial thoughts as well. But their on different channels. Poti-1 is AH and Poti-2 is Nav.

I agree with the channel assignments. I've done this after updating firmware because it defaults to a channel overlap. I recently (after 2 years of constant sorrow) got my FC to work right by placing it below the ESC ring and out of EMF. I remember back in the 0.88 days when GPS, PH, and CF actually worked. Anything past 2.0 has been constant headaches all around. Good luck, you're going to need it.