FatShark Pilot HD cam

Y0urDaddy

Hello...

I wanted to ask if anyone is using this camera with their FPV system?

I got one to try with my Predator V2 system. I replaced the camera that came with it as it was the same transmitter.

My first test fly I noticed the video feed from the camera was really dark. It was overcast, but I was outdoors so I did not expect that. the video it captured looked fine, I just was not able to fly with the goggles on as it was too dark.

Anyone else notice this at all?

Thanks...

Y0urDaddy

Yeah, it is pretty slow I actually put the F450 down for the second time trying to fly through it. I was hopeful that I would be able to get something I could fly through with my FPV and record some video at the same time but no such luck. It is not horrible, but no real way you could use it as an FPV camera and capture video. It is kind of odd, that camera is the one that comes with one of their bundles. The Predator comes with the CMOS camera, low latency but no ability to record on the camera. The goggles do have a component out to record, but I don't have anything that I could carry with me to record the video steam.

Y0urDaddy

So here is what I have found out...

There are two versions of this camera. The latency issue is a known problem with both versions but there is a firmware fix for the V2 camera. In my case I got the V1 camera from GetFPV, but the site makes no mention of the camera being V1 or V2. They do list the part number but you would have to already know that there is a V2 camera out there. There are a few posts on the topic at the FatShark support forum:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?87-Fatshark-Support

My personal opinion is that the V1 is a totally defective product.