Fastest service from Hobby King ever!!!! lol

Pumpkinguy

I placed an order on Thursday night from HK China. Paid extra for DHL but was still super impressed when the DHL guy rolled up here in Toronto Canada. Too bad the order I just paid brokerage and duty on is for some poor guy in the United Kingdom. doh! :mad:

Pumpkinguy

Here is their solution and only solution.

They will not let me send the order back on their DHL account. They insist I pay for shipping. Then and only after they receive the order will they ship the correct order. They will give me bonus points in exchange for the shipping cost.
I can't believe a company that operates this way is in business. You guys warned me. I didn't listen. Hopefully others do.

navycut81

They will not let me send the order back on their DHL account. They insist I pay for shipping. Then and only after they receive the order will they ship the correct order. They will give me bonus points in exchange for the shipping cost.
I can't believe a company that operates this way is in business. You guys warned me. I didn't listen. Hopefully others do.
ive been screwed over by hobby king 3 times, now i only order from Ready Made RC i can order on friday night and choosing fedex shipping i allways have my order no later than tuesday, but usually it shows up monday. They have the best service hands down

Gary Seven

Rocketman

@Pumpkinguy I feel your pain WRT HK. I'm always finding all sorts of goodies on their site that I don't find anywhere else in the EU. But delivery is always problematic if parts are shipped from their "International warehouse" versus their so-called "European" warehouse.

I get killed on shipping, VAT, and especially customs duties which on two occasions now, have amounted to MORE than the total value of the order! The last order I placed in November I chose to refuse when DHL tried to extort over 100% of the order value from me.

It's all so freakin pathetic (the obvious corruption between customs and international carriers, that is).

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Pumpkinguy

So this issue was resolved. It appears that the shipper (and I'm speculating here) realized he sent the wrong package and shipped the correct one the next day. Probably without the knowledge of the higher ups. So to my surprise DHL showed up and allowed me to inpect the contents. I then have him the first one and said return to sender. I am out $34 in duty but it was $34 well spent. Lol.