Fantastic use of a drone (yeah I said drone)...

Av8Chuck

Its amazing to see the scope of the disaster. It looks like it was such a thriving city, now its just abandoned. I think if I new that I was going into the Zone with a Drone I would have taken along some sensors that could have provided more information about the environment.

There also seemed quite a few people there. Bt quite a few, maybe ten...

dazzab

What's _really_ scary about this is how it could have so easily been much worse. I don't think we have really learned from it all.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
A couple of things jumped out in my mind when I saw this: One, I wonder if the drone pilot checked his equipment out later for radiation contamination (assuming he had such a device with him) and two, look how the forest is reclaiming the land. Freakin amazing.

Nuclear energy....what could possibly go wrong?

Av8Chuck

A couple of things jumped out in my mind when I saw this: One, I wonder if the drone pilot checked his equipment out later for radiation contamination (assuming he had such a device with him) and two, look how the forest is reclaiming the land. Freakin amazing.

Nuclear energy....what could possibly go wrong?
I think that's kind of the point, what is actually happening here? I saw a documentary about how wildlife, mainly ferrel cats are taking over the city. There is a completely new food chain starting to develop that all of the "experts" said couldn't happen for centuries. It would be fascinating to know more about what the environment is really like there today. The little I've seen, videos like this one, don't appear to show the ecological catastrophe that happened there.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I think that's kind of the point, what is actually happening here? I saw a documentary about how wildlife, mainly ferrel cats are taking over the city. There is a completely new food chain starting to develop that all of the "experts" said couldn't happen for centuries. It would be fascinating to know more about what the environment is really like there today. The little I've seen, videos like this one, don't appear to show the ecological catastrophe that happened there.
Sure. But you can't see, study, or measure genetic mutations of both flora and fauna just by looking at interesting video. :-(