Failsafe

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
I'm new to the thrill of Multirotors and am working to build my first: a DJI F450 Naza. I bought a kit online and then went on amazon for what I thought was a deal on a Transmitter. After reading through a few threads, I noticed an issue may come up with the Naza Fail-safe. Anyone out there know if the Spektrum DX6i is compatible with a Naza fail-safe?

I read in a couple of other threads that the fail-safe may have issues with the DX6i but nothing concrete. Of course I noticed it AFTER I ordered my TX. Any ideas?

Not sure if it matters but I also ordered a Spektrum Ar600 6-Channel Sport DSMX Receiver.

tstrike

pendejo grande
I'm in the same situation with the dx6i. I've read about switching between atti and manual mode 10 times to send it into failsafe but haven't pursued it any further. I think it comes down to having a three way switch on your transmitter for the naza failsafe to work properly.
Your Ar600 can be set up for a throttle failsafe if it gets out of range, check this page out...
http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170&page=1

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
I'm in the same situation with the dx6i. I've read about switching between atti and manual mode 10 times to send it into failsafe but haven't pursued it any further. I think it comes down to having a three way switch on your transmitter for the naza failsafe to work properly.
Your Ar600 can be set up for a throttle failsafe if it gets out of range, check this page out...
http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170&page=1

Thanks tstrike. Hey just curious but how do you hook your spektrum RX to the Naza? I ended up getting a DX7s with a AR8000 receiver but I've noticed that the plugs from the Naza don't match the ports on the spektrum receiver. Any thoughts?

tstrike

pendejo grande
I don't know anything about the AR8000, I'm using the tiny park flyer AR6115e that came with my Tx. Everything plugged right in with the cables supplied with the naza, not sure why you'd have a different type of 3 pin cable.

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
Me neither. One other poster said I should cut off the extra little plastic tab that keeps it from clipping but it seemed a little off

tstrike

pendejo grande
Me neither. One other poster said I should cut off the extra little plastic tab that keeps it from clipping but it seemed a little off
Try it on one, my rec. doesn't use the tabs, just friction and they're pretty tight. A fingernail clipper should do the trick.

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
So your receiver doesn't use clips with the tabs? Does that mean your Naza came with different clips than mine?

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
This is what I have

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332646456.024780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332646456.024780.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 217

Tahoe Ed

Just trim the tabs on the side off and round the edges a little and they will fit fine. The AR6XXX don't have the same issues because their pin mount is different. Just be careful that you don't trim all the way down to the connector or switch to JR/Spektrum leads.

tstrike

pendejo grande
This is what I have

You have a better quality rec. than I do...
View attachment 3439

I'm still using the one that came with my Tx, but it's all good cuzz I always crash only about thirty feet from where I'm standing. :shame:
I'd have a go at Ed's advice, he's pretty savvy about these rigs.

Attachments

• GOPR5051.jpg
    GOPR5051.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 247

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
Ed just wondering which direction to plug these cables in. I've clipped the tabs but now I'm not sure how to orient them to the RX. Is it tab side up?

Dune

I did just that and it works fine. Like the other poster said, just don't clip down to the leads.

Dune

Great. Thank you. Any idea what the naza config is? The same?

What do you mean?

Dark brown wire on top.

Don't be afraid to try stuff. Just do it outside and stand a good deal back -- I'm not kidding about this. Treat these things like flying saws.
Also, as a general tip, when you're trying something new out, stay less than 5 feet off the ground the first couple flights.