Failsafe on a NAZA M-v2 with a DX-7

Skywalker

Has anyone successfully been able to have the Naza programmed into failsafe with a Spektrum DX-7? I have the 3 position switch calibrated for manual, attitude and GPS. I tried setting a trim to Failsafe, and then rebinding the receiver. If I turn the transmitter off when it is plugged into the Assistant program, nothing changes and it still shows manual mode. If I turn off the transmitter, unplug the battery, then plug it back in it will show failsafe on the assistant. I then can turn the transmitter on, and it will go back into manual mode.
I am trying to figure out how to get it to go into failsafe simply by turning off the transmitter.

FlyGirl

Has anyone successfully been able to have the Naza programmed into failsafe with a Spektrum DX-7? I have the 3 position switch calibrated for manual, attitude and GPS. I tried setting a trim to Failsafe, and then rebinding the receiver. If I turn the transmitter off when it is plugged into the Assistant program, nothing changes and it still shows manual mode. If I turn off the transmitter, unplug the battery, then plug it back in it will show failsafe on the assistant. I then can turn the transmitter on, and it will go back into manual mode.
I am trying to figure out how to get it to go into failsafe simply by turning off the transmitter.

This is what I used.... Works fine :)
http://www.xflysystems.com/blogs/ne...ur-spektrum-dx7s-ar8000-failsafe-for-dji-naza

Skywalker

Still scratching my head..I have followed the procedure a few times without success.
When I turn the TX off, the Naza assistant software does not show Failsafe. But if I turn the TX off, unplug the battery then plug it back, the Naza shows Failsafe. Then if I turn the TX back on, the Naza assistant will then show Manual again...
What am I missing? I need it to show Failsafe just when i turn off the TX?

I am using an old DX7 (not DX7s), and the AR7000 rx

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyGirl

Still scratching my head..I have followed the procedure a few times without success.
When I turn the TX off, the Naza assistant software does not show Failsafe. But if I turn the TX off, unplug the battery then plug it back, the Naza shows Failsafe. Then if I turn the TX back on, the Naza assistant will then show Manual again...
What am I missing? I need it to show Failsafe just when i turn off the TX?

I am using an old DX7 (not DX7s), and the AR7000 rx

Hmmmm... The transmitter being DX7 makes no difference as failsafes are a function of the receiver and not the transmitter. The model of receiver however has everything to do with it and I just went to look at the description of the ar7000 and it mentions that it has "SmartSafe" failsafe. That Smartsafe failsafe is only capable of presetting the throttle channel and leaves the other channels wherever they were when the receiver lost contact with the transmitter. Other receivers, such as the ar8000 receiver for instance, are capable of presetting ALL channels, not just the throttle channel and that is the kind of failsafe on a receiver that you need in order to have the receiver be capable of telling the flight controller to enter into return to home. I'm afraid that with the ar7000 the best you are going to be able to do is to have the multirotor slowly descend since it only can remember a preset for the throttle channel. I'm sorry.... :) Maybe pick up an ar8000?

Skywalker

Ahh, ok. I have one of those HobbyKing orange receivers, and the specs on it state Smartsafe, and preset Failsafe. I will give that one a try to see what happens. I also read an old airplane forum with a similar concern. According to one poster, a new firmware update(from 2011, lol) is available if you send the ar7000 rx back to Horizon and that will give you the preset Failsafe option. If the orange rx works, I might try sending the ar7000 for a re flash.
I will post with my results, and thank you for your time Flygirl!

Skywalker

YESSSS! The cheapo Hobby King Orange R710 rx works. When I turn it off, It will revert back to whatever switch settings I bound it on. My Spektrum satellite plugs right in and seems to work as well. I don't have much confidence in the cheap Hobby King stuff, but because of $$ I will give it a shot. In the meantime I will contact Horizon and see if there is a firmware update for the AR7000

FlyGirl

YESSSS! The cheapo Hobby King Orange R710 rx works. When I turn it off, It will revert back to whatever switch settings I bound it on. My Spektrum satellite plugs right in and seems to work as well. I don't have much confidence in the cheap Hobby King stuff, but because of $$ I will give it a shot. In the meantime I will contact Horizon and see if there is a firmware update for the AR7000

Yay!!!! And you are quite welcome Skywalker!

buckers

If I remember rightly, there are 2 versions of the AR7000. One does preset failsafe and the other doesn't. If it says Batt/data on it, then it does. This will allow you to programme the RX to put the naza into RTH mode, ie it will drive one of the switches to force the failsafe mode in the naza. Plenty of threads on here about it.
HTH