Failsafe mode at startup. Naza M V2 on F550

Lobbo

Hi. On two consecutive startups with fresh batteries my F550 went into failsafe mode after initialising. The LED was flashing amber and FS was displayed by the iOSD mini. On each occasion I did a power recycle and the system started up normally. I was then able to fly normally, albeit cautiously. The Spektrum DX8 transmitter was on and the battery level was above half. The first of my three flights had been normal and flights after a power recycle on 2 and 3 were also fine. I'd be grateful for any thoughts as I have a flight assessment in a few days.

gringers

Preoccupied
How long after initialisation did FS activate? Sounds like it could be a consequence of having the Advanced Receiver Protection function thingy enabled.

gringers

Preoccupied
It started immediately. When I would normally expect to get the double green flash.

Why do you expect a double green flash? To me, that indicates being in GPS mode and not having sticks centered.....I would probably always start with centered sticks to ensure stick calibration is accurate which would result in 1 green flashing light.

Regardless though, two green lights, indicating sticks not being centered is also one of the prerequisites of activation of the 'Receiver Advanced Protection Function' - I'm not saying it is that but it needs to be eliminated as an option. Is the feature activated in the assistant software? Have another read of page 20 of the Naza manual and let us know!

bensid54

Can't see that on warm up or initialization I'm waiting for my V2 and curious as to the problems people run into. I do find that with my Futaba system control issues caused by the RX and TX never happened. I understand they are expensive but it seems Naza favours Futaba over Spektrum so you may want to check other threads regarding Spektrum and control issues you may find the answers you need.

Lobbo

I'll check out the software tomorrow but I've had the F550 for more than 5 months and this hasn't happened before. I did update the firmware to V4.02 before the flights. I usually fire it up in GPS mode and make the switch to ATTI when I need to. May have chance to take it for a spin tomorrow, weather permitting, but any more thoughts from anyone would be welcome. Thanks.

bensid54

Keep us posted on your progress hope you come to a resolve on this situation. Thank you I'm sure others including myself will find this thread helpful.

Lobbo

Sorry for delay. Have had four batteries worth of successful flights since the last report. The Receiver Advanced Protection is switched on in Flight Assistant.

Since updating my firmware (to I believe it is 4.0) on 4 of my Naza's, I noticed the warm up cycle light of 4 yellow flashes on them all.
It's at start up and can take as long as 1 1/2 minutes to then it goes into the normal red flashing (GPS acquisition) light.
After I get a position lock light it flys great. I have never tried start up with centered sticks. Perhaps I'll try that but My flights are great with no mishaps. Maybe I won't change anything. :frog:

My theory is if it works don't fix it!

Excellent advice. "If it ain't broke,,,,".
My first Quad was an Idea Fly from Hobby King. It was a beauty as far as looks go.
I opened it, hooked it up to the computer and set up the TX. It flew great.
I then read the forum which talked about "Firmware Upgrades" so I upgraded it.
It never flew again.
I upgraded it to a Naza and it fly's like a champ.
Again I read the forums that talked about Naza firmware upgrades. Well,, upgrades must be OK, they come from the factory.
Then I remembered,,,,"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice,,,,,,".
Only recently have I upgraded any of the 4 Naza's that I fly and then only one at a time.
So far, so good and I do see some improvement in the flying of my Quads, Tri and Hex.
Before making any changes I wait until the jury is in and all the votes are counted.