Failsafe Dilemma? Futaba, S-Bus or Naza

Hi guys. I have just moved over from Spectrum DX8 to the Futaba 14SG and I'm finding it's a steep learning curve. The somewhat chaotic Futaba menu system is sinking in slowly but I am still in some confusion over the correct way to set up failsafe. There now appears to be a number of separate devices controlling failsafe and the more video tutorials I watch the more confused I get.

I have followed the latest DJI tutorial video in which the Naza v2 and the D-Bus control the failsafe and everything appears to work. When I switch off my radio my Naza v2 goes into failsafe and the 3 position flight mode switch can also be set to provide a forced failsafe.

However, when I try to set up failsafe on the Futaba the settings appear to be ignored - the indicator in the assistant still goes to the specific failsafe value set up on the Naza U channel, regardless of the failsafe value programmed for channel 7 of my R7008SB receiver. So my question is - is setting up failsafe on the Futaba still necessary?

After getting used to the black art of setting up mixes for failsafe this new DJI system appears to be refreshingly simple but is this now the only failsafe that I need?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I do not bother with the 14SG failsafe for my Naza'a, if the Rx looses signal the Naza will go into RTH mode with no FS set, if FS is set then it will not go into RTH, I prefer it to go into RTH.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes I have the remote failsafe set too but not the Rx failsafe. It only overrides atti and GPS modes, not manual mode.

sledge57

Pete,

Do you set F/S on the throttle channel? I've seen various videos that say you have to yet never seen it in DJI's video, although there was a reference some where in a DJI video or web page that said something that sounded vaguely like you should.

Currently I have F/S set on the throttle to go to -7% which is just a tick above half throttle on mine but I worry if this is going to interfere with the Naza F/S.

Still to nasty to fly here and try it out.

Decent weather this morning in the UK so I took my f550 Hexa out for a test flight session with just the Naza S-Bus2 failsafe set up as in the DJI videos and NO failsafe settings at all on my Futaba 14SG radio. I tested transmitter off and forced failsafe a number of times and each time my f550 flew back home and landed within a few feet of take off. It appears that the Naza v2 and the S-Bus2 system takes care of everything and I intend to leave my system set up this way.

Thanks for the feedback guys