Fail-Safe mode with AR8000 & DX7?

LL-Cool-T

Im trying to put the AR8000 into failsafe mode using the AR8000rx...I can manually put it in because I programmed a switch to do it...now I need to make it work when I turn off my DX7...HELP !!! Thank You.

glacier51

Hey Lou:

How did you set up your pre-set failsafe bind?

Do you have a switch activated failsafe setup in the DX7? If not, you need to do that first. On my DX8, I have that failsafe switched on the GEAR switch. Normal flight=0 and failsafe=1

Next, get setup to bind the AR8000 to the DX7 again. Then with the bind ready to go, set your throttle to above 10% - a lot of pilots are now putting it around 40% and switch your failsafe switch=1 (ON). Now complete the bind.

If the bind took, connect to Assistant with NAZA and DX7 powered up and go to the TX CALI page (I think), where the "U" slider is. Turn off the DX7 and the U slider should move to a failsafe position between one of the flight modes.

Hope this helps since I'm working off memory and with a DX8 and AR8000.

Ron

LL-Cool-T

Ron. Thank you for your input. Why does the throttle have to be above 10%? I managed to work it out but I don't think the throttle was up. I think it was all the way down. Anyway, it works really well. I was just wondering why the throttle had to be manipulated. Once again, Thank You.

Lou

smrceo

I beleive the throttle needs to he above 10% during receiver failsafe so there is less likely chance if your receiver goes to failsafe it doesnt just kill the throttle output to Naza and disarm unit before naza has chance to failsafe and take over. I beleive. :)

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad:)

glacier51

Lou:

SMRCEO is correct. Check page 6, item #10 of the NAZA manual. No real explanation though.

As I said above, I think the conventional wisdom here is setting the throttle closer to 40-50%, just to be on the safe side.

rexbirk

I think we could all be considered master programmers after setting a NAZA up completely! Got my failsafe and return to home done and it all works!

I set my failsafe to 50%

You sure don't want to be below 10% for sure. I can only imagine how quick the quad would hit the ground when the motors shut down!

When flying I set my throttle trim up so there is no chance I go too low. Us airplane guys are used to being able to glide when the engine quits, I have noticed that quads glide like a brick!

RobertsUp

Ron I just happened upon this thread and you seem to be the one who can help me by expanding your advice.

Do you have a switch activated failsafe setup in the DX7? If not said:
I have the DX8 and AR8000. You advised to have the tx switch for failsafe already set up before binding. That's understood. But I don't know how to program the gear switch. I don't know how to program any switch. I can select the gear switch in the display but then there are only two options for it. Gear and INH. Years ago I flew 2 ch sailplanes and leaping into an 8 channel today is a daunting thing. The DX8 manual is about half as explanatory as it ought to be. It assumes too much prior knowledge. So the DX8 isn't for a noobie. And yet here I am.

Any chance of explaining programming switches? Just point me in the right direction. I'm sure there's a hand holding thingy already on the web someplace but You have just the brain I want to pick.

BTW, red is left and green is right. Got it. :tennis:

Best, Rob

Last edited by a moderator: