F550 WKM Gain Help...

gmahan3

A buddy and I were flying this evening and he was testing out some minor tweaks we had changed. I flew through a battery with no issues. I had been having GPS issues that after our tests were seemingly resolved.

We swapped lipos, recalibrated compass, acquired 9+ sats and he took off. It flew for 2 minutes in attitude mode with no problem and then it had a bizarre throttle spike. The bird up about 10 meters before he kicked it into manual to regain control. After a brief hover he engaged GPS to hover at altitude. There was an noticeable inconsistency in motors when GPS was engaged. He kicked it back into manual and pitched backwards to bring it towards our launch point. You'll see a drastic maneuver that puts the platform in the parking lot where attitude mode was reengaged and it preformed nicely and I was able to catch it out of the air.

You can see the video link to get an idea of what transpired. I have no idea what has gone on here; the fact it will fly in manual mode leads me to believe it is not a mechanical error but something in the FC or other flight electronics. I guess an argument could be made that there was a signal interference but we scouted the location and it had a successful prior flight in the same location.

My thoughts now are that my gains are out of wack. I bought this system second hand and I'm using the gains that he left on the FC.

My Gains are:
160-160-170-160
140-140

Can anybody weigh in on this?

Last edited by a moderator: