F550 with 950gm payload...what battery configuration to use?

abonto

Hello guys, I have an F550 that weighs 1200grams w/o the batteries, and I have a payload that weighs 950gm(Camera, Gimbal, Battery, Receiver, 3rd axis gear etc). The prop I'm using is 10" new DJI stock propellers. So with this setup, what battery configuration & brand can I use? Something that will not bloat after a few flights & would give me at least 7mins flight time. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you!

Hi abonto, My F550 all up weight is 2.450 kg, I use 4S batteries with 5 amp capacity, stock motors and ESCs' and 10" graupner props, it hovers drawing about 20 amps and I get 9 to 10 minutes flight time (easy flying not acro) with about 15 to 20% capacity left in the battery.
Regards - bruce

abonto

Hi Bruce tnx for the response, I guess with this type of configuration, my configuration wont fly. However, I see two battery configuration in here sometimes, that may work on my idea?

Hi abonto, your all up weight according to your figures will be less than mine at 2.150 kg (that should give you 10 to 12 minutes flight time on a 5 amp 4S battery). What is it that makes you think that it will not fly?
The cheapest batteries to purchase are generally available from Hobby King. I use the Zippy Compact batteries, they have a good capacity to weight ratio.
Others will use more expensive batteries, that is up to you to decide. You can easily spend $120 to $150 on one battery.
5 amp battery = 5000Mah battery.
Regards - bruce

abonto

Hi bruce, the 2150hms doesnt include the battery weight yet which I assume to be around 500gms? Anyways, can you give me the link to the battery you bought? Maybe I should go 40-45c, just so it wont bloat?

abonto

Also, how long have you been using your battery? I bought those 5000mah 30c Turnigy, after maybe 15-20 flights, it starts to bloat specially with heavy payload.

I use 4s 5000 MAH 45-90c turnigy nanotech my Total weight is about 2800gr and i get 9 min flight time and there is 10% left. This battery wont get hot/warm. Gr

abonto

Hi Bruce, that's cutting it really close, 25c maybe good for F550 without payload. The 3300 30c-35c on my quad had bloated like crazy after 10-20 flights, and now it wouldn't even last 2 minutes, I guess I killed it for drawing too much amps. How long have you used those?

The one use by BC mentioned sounds really good, and those nanotechs are tough & forgiving, it's just that it's expensive. BC where did you buy your batteries?

Hè guys i bought my lipo also at hobbyking, i now you dont need that high C on your lipo for a multirotor but i want to play it safe and not on the edge (25-35C you always look out for Total weight) mine cost (i think) 45 euro (60 dollar) but you can find them on hobbyking. And i fly my lipo also to 3% they dont get sponsy (nothing happpens)

Gr.