F550 Skating prior to take off

philiefay

Philiefay
Hope someone can help me here. I have spent the best part of 30Hrs on the simulator so I am fairly comfortable getting around with that at least. I took out the F550 and when applying throttle it began to skate prior to lift off. I am afraid to push it for fear of crashing immediately. I have checked that the props are rotating correctly and fitted correctly and that the adjustments for trim is centered. All looks OK. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcv3ezSC9-U

el gwiz

Does it do the same thing in ATTI mode ? If this is a new build it's less likely, but not impossible, that it's an electrical malfunction. An obvious thing to check would be the compass calibration, it's basically the same for all quads and hex but do that after you try ATTI take off. Hope someone can help you more with this if that is not the solution.

jondrew

Full disclosure I'm a complete novice.

Have you tried reverse stick against the direction it skates in? My minis do the same thing sometimes when I don't have them trimmed out. Slowly add power and reverse control to see if you can keep it still until lit takes off.

Also, check the props/motor on the weak side for damage or obvious slow rpms.

Tahoe Ed

One you are out of balance so the copter is trying to adjust. Two don't fly off of asphalt go to a field with grass. Three pop it off the ground and let it stabilize once off the ground.

philiefay

Philiefay
One you are out of balance so the copter is trying to adjust. Two don't fly off of asphalt go to a field with grass. Three pop it off the ground and let it stabilize once off the ground.
Thanks Ed. It was on the tarmac because of all the snow...I think you'll appreciate that, I am just over the hill in Truckee. Anyway, I finally got her off the ground, it could have been that I did not let the light sequence stabilize and take the initial readings prior to throttling on. Thanks for your help.

Tahoe Ed

I will be back this weekend. I may do some flying. You really need to pop the F550 or any of the DJI MR's off. Then stabilize them in a hover. After that you do flying.