F550 Problem

Phil550

I flew my 550 on Sunday and it was fine - no crashes or hard landings. I tried again tonight and couldn'd get any sort of lock - red, orange and green lights flashing continuously. There are no loose connections that I can see and the battery is fine.
I plugged it into the Naza Assistant 1.8 (firmware is 2.02) and reloaded the firmware but still the same result. It appears I have a CGG-ERR(8) error.
Any suggestions as to why this has happened and how do I fix it?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I flew my 550 on Sunday and it was fine - no crashes or hard landings. I tried again tonight and couldn'd get any sort of lock - red, orange and green lights flashing continuously. There are no loose connections that I can see and the battery is fine.
I plugged it into the Naza Assistant 1.8 (firmware is 2.02) and reloaded the firmware but still the same result. It appears I have a CGG-ERR(8) error.

And what is a CGG-ERR(8)? Oh right, the manual. What do you mean lock? Were the lights flashing continuously? It is hard to interpret your post.

Usually these problems can be solved by reloading the firmware in the correct procedure. And maybe a rebind. Is your voltage protection set? And at 3S?

Tahoe Ed

I believe it wants you to recalibrate you Tx.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yep... Calibrate your Tx then press finish, then power cycle the Naza including removing the USB. After that power your TX, power the Naza and connect to assistant with the USB.

When in the assistant, you can find the error codes..

Here.

[h=3]NAZA-M Assistant Software Error Code List[/h][h=4]CFG-ERR[/h]
  • Configuration error, this may be caused by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters.
[h=4]VOL-LOW [4][/h]
  • Voltage low
[h=4]SN-ERR[/h]
  • Your S/N is not available, Please contact your dealer (Place of purchase)
[h=4]VOL-LOW[6][/h]
  • Voltage low
[h=4]IMU-ERR[/h]
  • IMU ERROR,Please contact dealer or DJI for repair.
[h=4]X1-ERR[/h]
  • You’ve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didn’t powered on.
[h=4]X2-ERR[/h]
  • You’ve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didn’t powered on.
[h=4]PMU-ERR[/h]
  • Please check the connection among battery, MC and PMU.
[h=4]RX-ERR[/h]
  • Please make sure you are on the RC page of the NAZA Assistant Software, select the right receiver type or check the receiver connection, after that power cycle your controller to take effect.
[h=4]COMPASS-ERR[/h]
  • Compass data is abnormal, please restart your Controller, if you still get this error, please contact your dealer (Place of purchase)
[h=4]ERROR [25][/h]
  • IMU initialization failure, may be caused by crash. Please contact dealer (Place of purchase)
[h=4]ERROR [26][/h]
  • Please perform Advanced Calibration.
[h=4]ERROR [27][/h]
  • GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition. Please contact your dealer for all technical support questions.

Phil550

Yep... Calibrate your Tx then press finish, then power cycle the Naza including removing the USB. After that power your TX, power the Naza and connect to assistant with the USB.

When in the assistant, you can find the error codes..

Here.

NAZA-M Assistant Software Error Code List

CFG-ERR

• Configuration error, this may be caused by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters.
VOL-LOW [4]

• Voltage low
SN-ERR

• Your S/N is not available, Please contact your dealer (Place of purchase)
VOL-LOW[6]

• Voltage low
IMU-ERR

• IMU ERROR,Please contact dealer or DJI for repair.
X1-ERR

X2-ERR

PMU-ERR

• Please check the connection among battery, MC and PMU.
RX-ERR

• Please make sure you are on the RC page of the NAZA Assistant Software, select the right receiver type or check the receiver connection, after that power cycle your controller to take effect.
COMPASS-ERR

• Compass data is abnormal, please restart your Controller, if you still get this error, please contact your dealer (Place of purchase)
ERROR [25]

• IMU initialization failure, may be caused by crash. Please contact dealer (Place of purchase)
ERROR [26]

• Please perform Advanced Calibration.
ERROR [27]

• GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition. Please contact your dealer for all technical support questions.

Thanks. I've just done that and everything now appears ok except the Failsafe doesn't work. I need to find out how to reset it.

Cheers

Phil

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Your failsafe is set by the program in your radio, you set it using mixes and depending on radio type. Check you tube for failsafe settings on naza and your radio brand.

Phil550

Your failsafe is set by the program in your radio, you set it using mixes and depending on radio type. Check you tube for failsafe settings on naza and your radio brand.
Thanks Deanot, all sorted.
It's just started raining so I'll have to test it next week.
Cheers

Phil

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah, that's always the way... you get it fixed and want to get out and test it.... just for it to rain on yah! sucks I know.. lol

Phil550

Yeah, that's always the way... you get it fixed and want to get out and test it.... just for it to rain on yah! sucks I know.. lol

Unfortunately i'm back to square one with this.
I've reloaded the firmware and get the same error as before but can't re-calibrate the TX as my DX8 won't talk to the RX - there's no response at all.
On the Tx Cal screen in Assistant (1.8) it says that the control mode switch is in Failsafe but it isn't on the TX. It's as though the firmware is 'stuck' in this position.
Any suggestions?

Tahoe Ed

Unfortunately i'm back to square one with this.
I've reloaded the firmware and get the same error as before but can't re-calibrate the TX as my DX8 won't talk to the RX - there's no response at all.
On the Tx Cal screen in Assistant (1.8) it says that the control mode switch is in Failsafe but it isn't on the TX. It's as though the firmware is 'stuck' in this position.
Any suggestions?

Have you rebound your Tx to the Rx and then try and recalbrate the Tx?

Phil550

Have you rebound your Tx to the Rx and then try and recalbrate the Tx?

Last time I thought I had fixed it I didn't have to rebind as, on the 3rd reload of the firmware, everything worked ok.
I've been trying to avoid rebinding as I have to take the top plate off to get the bind plug in, but I'll try it this week.
Thanks.

Rhino

my DX8 won't talk to the RX - there's no response at all.
That's happened to me twice: At the very top of the Tx calibration page are three option buttons for selecting the transmitter type. Choose the leftmost one and magically the Naza will now respond to transmitter inputs.