F550 liftoff

wbal57

Hi,

I recently built and maiden-ed my newest multirotor a f550 with a Dji Naza controller. This is my first naza controller and i am quite happy with its ease of flying in Atti mode. Much easier to control out of the box than my ardu and kk multicopter.

The one issue i have is on takeoff. The manual said to ramp the throttle to 20% and then slowly increase for a smooth takeoff. I made several takeoff attempts on my first flight and on each one the F550 took off at an angle and moved forward for a second before stabilizing and going level. It was easily controllable but I am wondering if this is something that I should be watching for.

Also the gains I used were the stock gains that made turning and tacking easy but seemed to have a wobble in turns and a drop in altitude (4-6 inches) when i went from forward flight to hover. Is there a set good gain for a stock DJI naza F550 without a gimbal? Any tips of finding that sweetspot for the gains?

Thanks
wbal57

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Hey,

apply more throttle during Liftoff, the Copter is more stable when at about 3-4 feet without Ground Effect.
As for Gains, you can try changing it in steps. No worries, if you do steps of 10-20 % you will not feel any big changes.

-meme