F550 keeps flipping

All your motors are turning now?
I also fly the NAZA-M lite, on an F450 frame. When first lifting off with GPS mode on, mine will try to move horizontally a bit. If you don't get cleanly off the ground it would try to flip, especially if I had landing gear installed.

A couple things helped:
1. Take off those landing gear until you get some experience flying it. First time I put those gear on, I flipped it on takeoff because a leg dragged on the ground as the copter moved sideways. With experience you can get it to lift off straight up; sometimes need a little stick input opposite the direction it wants to drift.
2. after powering the multicopter the first time, let it sit for 5 minutes with motors off. This lets the GPS get a good lock, and more importantly, lets the IMU warm up and stabilize. If lifting off prior to the warmup period, I have to hold the stick well off center to keep the copter in a stationary hover. Once warmed up, it behaves nicely.
3. When ready to lift off, use Attitude mode, not GPS. This reduces the chance that the controller will try to move the copter horizontally as soon as it lifts off.

If still no joy, perhaps get a brave assistant to carefully and firmly hold the copter overhead as you power up the motors. if it still tries to flip, might indicate a defective prop, motor, or ESC, resulting in a difference in power from side to side. Then, perhaps, it's a process of elimination, flipping motors or ESCs from side to side (i.e. 1 with 4, 2 with 5, 3 with 6) and look for a change in the direction it flips.

Hope this helps...........

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
folks, sometimes it's easier to hook up with someone local so wires and connections can all be looked at more closely. If you haven't considered doing so in the past it might be helpful to put your location in your profile so other people that live near you can offer to help.

folks, sometimes it's easier to hook up with someone local so wires and connections can all be looked at more closely.

I second this suggestion - When I was confused about the behavior of my quad I was fortunate enough to be able to go back to the brick-and-mortar store where I got my kit - Heli World in San Jose. The tech did a brief checkout of the build, adjusted some gains, and then did a test flight to prove all was well. A set of knowledgeable hands and eyes on it are very beneficial.

Quas

You've probably fixed this by now, but I'm working on my first build and for some reason chose to do a hexacopter. I know absolutely ZERO about RC stuff, especially all of the settings. My problem ended up being that my motors were hooked up to the FC wrong. Now I can fly my copter, but it still needs to be tuned. I've got to figure out how to slow down the controls and make the auto-level a little stronger. I'm using the KK2.1.5 FC.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
One of my kids did this with a 550 last weekend, swore it was all setup correctly but had all the ESC's one off being correct with the expected result and rebuild.