F550 flight issues (videos)

Some info on my setup:

DJI F550 frame
NAZA M (original)
GPS
30Amp ESC's (model unknown, but heat shrink has Turnigy printed on it)
RcTimer 2830/14 750kv motors
4s 5000mAh Lipo
AR8000 Rx
DX6i Tx

Apart from the recently upgraded receiver, I've been flying this setup for over a year without much issue.

It has always been smooth, stable and held position like a rock.

However, it recently developed a problem with twitchy controls, scary stability and random changes in altitude :upset:

Here's a video from a few weeks ago where she was flying as she should:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_04BvGmbcg

Fast Forward to about ~3:40 and you'll see she holds solid in GPS mode even in high wind.

I then switch to ATT mode, she drifts with the wind, but holds altitude just as she has from day one.

Now here's a video from yesterday:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTBVTZH2DA

As you can see, she drifts all over the place in either GPS or ATT mode.

The sticks are twitchy and the altitude randomly changes even with center sticks.

So far, I've tried the following:

1) Re-Calibrated Tx Controls
2) Re-Calibrated GPS Compass
3) Re-Calibrated IMU
4) Re-Positioned Rx away from the NAZA USB doohicky
5) Covered the sides of the NAZA with electrical tape
6) Held frame down as I powered up to full throttle and moved the right stick in all positions to check motors, blowing crap all over my office
7) Checked all motor wires and wires leading into the NAZA

I have a feeling the internal barometer in the FC is fubar'd, but I'm open to suggestions at this point :confused:

bensid54

I found with mine it can get twitchy even by adjusting one of the gains two degrees because it seems to have an effect on all the other modes of operation including altitude. The thing I find odd is almost two minutes to lock onto six satellites, think maybe the buildings have something to do with getting in the way?

Tahoe Ed

Are you using the latest version of the firmware? When was the last time you upgraded? When you upgraded, did you set everything to defaults, then do the IMU Advanced Calibration and reset all your gains, calibrate the Tx etc.

bensid54

My Flight controller is a Naza light my gains are all factory recommended except for my pitch which is plus 2 degrees from factory specs. It took my eight battery packs worth of adjusting to finally come to this point plus it seems the controller over this time did some internal fine tuning or so it seems. I'll see if I can get my exact numbers.

Just a little update

Problem solved and everything is back to normal :tennis:

Turns out the new AR8000 required my Tx to be more than 10ft away during the bind process :cold:

Someone had suggested it in one of my other threads and it worked like a charm, but to answer some of your questions:

1) The buildings have never posed an issue before.

2) These are the gain settings I've used since day one (never changed).

nazaautopilotsettings.jpg

3) I'm still using assistant v1.8 (never updated).

Here are a few test videos with everything sorted out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKEedxPmkS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKgoMwEuUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlV7edRsTes

I just seem to have a stability issue. I've had my Naza sent back and tested and it came back OK. Ever since I upgraded to the F550 just doesnt seem to act the same.