F550 F450 ESC held on with zip tie..any other ideas???

kev333d

I see that the standard practice of the zip tie to hold the ESC to the arm of the F550 and F450. Is there a better way to hold it on, I want to run LED's on the arms as well. Anybody have some ideas or photos of something different?

I use zip ties myself but have thought of heat shrinking them on. Zip ties offer the best solution for ease of repairs etc.

Hi Just use some goop, like Foam Tac or E600, I think the E600 is a bit better and cheaper, it will hold almost anything and is removable if needed. I use it to hold my ESC's in place and never had a problem. The original idea came from Kloner, like many of his good ideas.
regards - bruce

Treg

Captain Fudpucker
If you extend the wires you can mount them on the bottom plate with mounting tape.

I personally also use zip ties too on my 550. You could also consider securing the ESCs with heat shrink tube. One thing to consider is that cooling on the ESCs is probably improved using zip ties, as the heat shrink is another layer of insulation. The principle of the heat shrink is that you pull the tubing over the arm and place the esc within it, then heat it. It looks tidy...