F450 with Pixhawk clone

mackar

It's almost ready for a test flight, really hope the propeller mounts arrive tomorrow.
http://www.maciej.se/F450new.html#almost

f450_11.jpg

Vermiform

Excellent. Thoughts on the pixhawk clone? ANything you would have done different in the other components?

Also, more video of the Position Hold when you get it tuned please!!!

mackar

Excellent. Thoughts on the pixhawk clone? ANything you would have done different in the other components?

Also, more video of the Position Hold when you get it tuned please!!!

Currently I'm happy with sll the components. I will test to flash the ESCs with BLheli fw though.
There will be more videos. Going to London on vacation for a couple of days but will fly again as soon as I'm back in Sweden.

Vermiform

During autotune, are you able to nudge the multirotor back to the center of your flying area from time to time or does it cancel the autotune routine if you touch the controls?

sledge57

Haven't watched the video all the way through yet but I really like those leds, so easy to see.

Where did you order those please?

mackar

I hope the retractable legs arrive soon so I can start testing the new functions to retract them implemented in APM:Copter 3.3

mackar

APM:Copter 3.3-RC3 is out now. There were some problems with Autotune in RC1 so I did a new Autotune, didn't really work as I hoped ;)

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Grass is good.
Pavement Autotune =
View attachment 24530
Only because I have no pride will I admit that not having a Kill-Switch when landing a failed Auto-Tune cost me $40 in props. Bent RX antennas (straightened with fingers) and scratches on my Ublox Neo M8N, but nothing else serious.

3.3 experience with my Pixhawk DiscoPros:
One flew but drifted bad. Pilot error to use 'Land' instead of Alt Hold to get it down.
The other barely spun up, like your bird refusing to gain altitude.
Check your radio calibration; endpoints and throttle center.
Check your ESC calibration.

Love the grass!

JoeBob

Attachments

• Broken4.jpg
    Broken4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 290

mackar

Just got a reply from one of the developers and it doesn't have to be in althold anymore. Will do a new test later today if it doesn't rain.