f450 naza m lite with gps question

dbeck0503

I just built an f450 put naza m lite with the gps module on it. It flys great, goes into all the flight modes correctly. My question is in GPS mode how long should it take to lock on to a position? When I let off the sticks it kind of searches for its position. It will then lock on and stay in its position. It will kind of "searches" for its position, then locks on after a couple seconds. Is this normal?

Rotorfreek

When you let go of the sticks out will not instantly stop. It will self correct and become stationary before holding. The higher your attitude gains in pitch and roll the faster it will level out.

Also if you have not mounted your GPS dead strait you can suffer from 'the toilet bowl effect' where it goes in a small circle. check that its aligned, and do a basic calibration in the assistant.

For your gains set both attitude gains to the x1 channel and use a dial on your tx to sweep then whilst test flying to get it right.

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

dbeck0503

raise the pitch and roll gains? how much? They are at 130% now I believe, it flies great.

I have moved the gps around thinking that was the issue and it didnt really help, its not really moving in a small circle... kind of drifts around a little then locks on

cootertwo

I have a couple that do the same thing, but I'm under a bunch of trees etc. Sometimes the Naza Lite has to warm up a bit, before it acts normally.

dbeck0503

I may have found the problem... I was going through all of my settings again last night and I saw that my distances from the CG to the GPS were set to 0. Somehow this got changed back when I was setting everything up. Could this cause the issue? I didnt get time to test fly as it was dark once I set everything.

pfarmer

Definitely set the gps correctly as far as offset. Also when comes to alignment dead center is a good start but do move it based on observation. On mine it is just off center using an X configuration. On my 550 using an I configuration it ended up right of center halfway between the arms.