f450 motor/prop upgrade

JDMB1975

1st post here, looking for some suggestions.

Just built up a fully stock f450 with naza v2. not happy with power across the board. i have messed with the attitude gains but not enough thrust etc..

will be using for some basic AP but just for fun. Need more performance out of it.

My background is flying smaller stuff FPV 200QX so I like the speed etc.. I realize the 450 is a bigger bird and not going to be quite as nimble but I would love a suggestion on how I can upgrade motor and prop and esc if needed

price doesn't really matter looking for the best.

thanks in advance

maxwelltub

T motor probably has a motor specifically for f450 upgrades. Check out there site. Also Sunnysky motors are a good alternative and a less expensive. EPbuddy.com has them.

JDMB1975

Thanks I was looking at those as well (2216) can I run the kit ESC from the 450 with them or do I need to change them out. Also any recommendation on a prop that would Go well with the 450 and those tigers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

econfly

Depends on your all-up weight, but on the stock 450 I would look at going with 4s and the 2216 1100 kv with 8, 9 or 10 inch props.

Are you running 3s or 4s now? If you are at 3s then moving to 4s could be all of the additional power you need. Also, did the kit come with the new E300 (or E310) system? The E310 looks like a nice way to go for a decent price.

For the T-Motor option, if your kit has 15A ESCs your are fine with the 1100 kv motor, 4s power and 8 or 9-inch props, but if you decide to run 10-inch you will need to upgrade to 20A ESCs. Check out the specs:

20150202025558782.jpg

econfly

Got it. I would try a 4s pack before doing anything else. That will make a big difference. The E300 system is actually pretty nice on a 450.

JDMB1975

So no need with the e300 system to go to the 20a esc's if I'm going to run the 1100kv Tigers?

Additionally what prop would you suggest to mate with that motor and the 450

econfly

What's your weight without a battery as it is right now? And do you plan to add anything (gimbal, camera, whatever)? To find the right propulsion system we first need to know what we are hauling. Exclude the battery for now because a move to 4S will require a different battery anyway.

JDMB1975

Need to weigh it. Right now it's pure stock 450. I will be wanting to add a camera. Starting with something simple like a fixed go pro. If I truly find myself getting into aerial photography and video I will build a 550 to accommodate a gimbal etc. and a FPV setup via screen or my dominator goggles.

This raises a good question if I wanted to do an FPV setup on a 450 can I add all the necessary components and still stay with some performance via a motor and prop setup.

JDMB1975

Those are the exact batteries I was about to pull the trigger on. I was debating between those and the 5k 65C version.

JDMB1975

Thanks you've been a great help. Going to run a few 4s packs and see what I think.

Move after that if not content would be towards the tiger setup, with I assume a 9 inch prop.