F450 is getting to fat, need to loose weight, want to drop battery for video Tx

Fxt4me

I want to solder a JST plug onto a F450's frame where you solder the battery cable and the VU to power a simple 200mw 5.8ghz video Tx. Will this cause any problems powering all the devices off the flight battery pack (motors/esc's/Naza/RX/Video TX ect)? I use both 3s and 4s flight packs with the F450, will the higher voltages of 4s packs be a problem for the small video TX?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes it will be a problem, just grab an inline regulator of some sort to drop the voltage to whatever your vTx needs.

Pete

glacier51

What's the battery voltage you're using now with the second battery? Are you using the LiPo balance connector for anything? You maybe able to tap into the balance connector for your power depending on what the VT can handle.

For instance, on a 3S balance plug, using the ground wire and next over wire gets you up to 4.2 volts, mostly 3+ though. Ground wire and third wire gets you 8.4 volts, etc. This applies to both 3S and 4S.

My Immersion VT gets its power from my balance plug at 11.1V, and a 915mhz telemetry radio gets 5V coming out of the VT.