F450, Flying forward

Y0urDaddy

I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before.

I am currently flying a F450, it was the ARF kit so basically all DJI stuff as far as props, ESCs, and motors. I have a Naza Lite with the GPS compass.

So here is my question. I notice when I take the quad out to fly it as soon as I lift it off (after recording its home point) it wants to fly forward. If I keep my thumb off the right stick totally it will fly forward until I pull it back to correct. Now the longer I have it in the air this tends to go away. After about two mins flying it will generally hover in one place with no issue.

I have re-calibrated the compass a couple of times so I am not exactly sure what the issue is.

Anyone else ever see this?

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Sounds like your center of gravity is too far forward. Try to balance your F450 by moving the battery a few millimetres back. Center of gravity should coincide with the geometric centre.

Y0urDaddy

I can check the CG and see if that helps. I think if it was a balance issue it would continue to fly forward the whole time. It will stabilize after about 2mins and hover with no issues.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I can check the CG and see if that helps. I think if it was a balance issue it would continue to fly forward the whole time. It will stabilize after about 2mins and hover with no issues.
Are you attempting take off in "GPS" or "Atti" mode? You should try take off if Atti mode a few times. Once in the air and clear of ground effect, switch to "GPS" and see how she behaves.

Have you mounted your GPS puck to account for magnetic declination?