Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

ET OSD Altimeter cut-out - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Racer Technical Discussions' started by Mactadpole, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Mactadpole

Mactadpole Member

May 16, 2011
    San Marcos, Texas, USA
    Posted by Mactadpole, Oct 16, 2011 #1
    As mentioned in my blog I made several flights the other at an altitude above 3000 meters (>10,000 feet) with my MK X8. Upon reviewing the recordings from my little cam with Eagle Tree OSD I noticed that the altimeter reading would start to go crazy at about 300-400 feet and then cut-out and return to zero. Upon descending it would start working again at around 400-500 feet and be fine until landing. It did this on every flight. In my blog I had posted that I thought my maximum flight altitude was near 500 feet based on what my buddy said he saw on the screen, I now think I was possibly higher. Anyone have any idea? On ET's site they say it is good up to 20,000 feet.

I accidentally cut the video a little short but you can see it starts working again at the end and did so till landing.

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Tags: