Tau Labs ESC Power distribution

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just wondering if there are any recommends about the power distribution wiring in relation to proximity of the CC board. I have a very compact main frame build that can have modules for different applications attached. to try and keep it as neat as possible I have all the wiring within the body plates.. see pic. Could this have any influence on the performance of the board?

Dave

attachment.php

I don't have a definitive answer but lots of work was put into minimizing EMF issues. Looks like your going to be the test pilot on this one ;-) If you have got to that point it really ought to have flown by now!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Gary hows u doin? I have been manic with work and after crashing my ADX been flat out trying to get her up airborne again. I had started building my new quad before the crash and only got her up last weekend in the very strong winds. She coped very well but what prompted my question was a post in a different thread about the MK board and proximity of the FC to the motor supply wires.

I will be posting my build when I am happy with its final design. I am having a couple more plates CNC'ed today for the FPV module and battery cradle.

OP peeps dont seem to be on here much recently any issues?

Dave

matwelli

need another photo, looks like a nice tight build, would liek to see more

On my "beater quad" (on loan to a new flyer) my CC board sits about 18mm away from the heavy power wiring, no issues at all. Your looks to eb a BIT closer than that !

The board seems to be very well designed, mine also flys with 3 badly chipped props and two bent adaptors, and still flies very stable

jes1111

In general, power wires should always be twisted together to help limit EMI issues. And try not to run any signal wires (which should also be twisted) parallel to power runs. You can also put ferrite loops on twisted/bundled signal wires (like the receiver to CC board wires).

But, like Gary says - CC is top-grade design in the first place ;-) MK? pah! I spit on your lousy Meekrocoptair!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
need another photo, looks like a nice tight build, would liek to see more

Will post the whole build when I finished.. cozI am waiting on some bits I tried 4 different props on it.... It flew fine in the garage but the wind on four different props gave it the wobbles!

attachment.php

Sorry Jes if I broke the holy grail ..... cc board on MK frame! It was very cheap and I was baffled by the multitude of frames and I wanted something simple I could adapt real easy hence the LK frame!