ESC life time

ary

My octo fly like limpy dog..
bumpy & constant altitude drop, even in light winds
Other parts from my octo are solid. So, Im sure problem from ESC

It happend after my last assignment, I found 1 motor fail to start because of 1 cable disconect from esc. Is it can cause ESC timing error? Should I recalibrated it? I use DYS 40 A OPTO Simonk
Or its about time to find a new ones?

From my last two assignment put my octo in harsh condition, very hot & very humid(37+ Celcius 95% hum) including heavier payload 8kg+. Motor & ESC temp 60 drgree+ after landings

Appreciate for any input from MR forum

Cheers,

Ary

jes1111

I would check the capacitors on your ESCs - if there is ANY sign of bulging on the top (where there is a "cross" cut into the metal) then they should be replaced. If you suspect the ESCs anyway, then the first thing to do would be to replace the capacitors on all of them. It's easy to think of bearings as the only part of the copter subject to wear - but the capacitors on your ESCs also "wear out".

Note: I'm not saying this is definitely the solution to your problem - just one thing you can do.

ary

Thanks Jess,
but No bulging are found
Should I recalibrate/throtle calib. all esc?

Or should I move to another suspect? WKM? Should I reload/downgrade to 5.16? Im using ver. 5.20
There's no other suspect. Others are perfect

Ary

I would check the capacitors on your ESCs - if there is ANY sign of bulging on the top (where there is a "cross" cut into the metal) then they should be replaced. If you suspect the ESCs anyway, then the first thing to do would be to replace the capacitors on all of them. It's easy to think of bearings as the only part of the copter subject to wear - but the capacitors on your ESCs also "wear out".

Note: I'm not saying this is definitely the solution to your problem - just one thing you can do.

ary

Finaly I found it. Reload WKM firmwire(5.20), compass calibration, thats it... Smooth flight again
Last time I do that was more than 10 month ago

My esc are doing just fine. no bulging/error

Ary

Thanks Jess,
but No bulging are found
Should I recalibrate/throtle calib. all esc?

Or should I move to another suspect? WKM? Should I reload/downgrade to 5.16? Im using ver. 5.20
There's no other suspect. Others are perfect

Ary