ESC beeping

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
opto ESC's don't supply power via the red wires in the "Servo" connector so there is no power going to the receiver when using flight packs for power. USB power does go to the receiver connections so that explains why you have receiver functions but no signal to the ESC's.

with the PRO, as I recall, power for the receiver is from a shared bus with the red leads from the ESC's. the power you put into the PRO via the power connection is only for the PRO.

try powering the receiver with a 4.8 to 6v source and then attach the flight packs. the ESC's should finally get a signal that will allow them to arm and be ready for flight. as a permanent solution you'll need a regulator to provide roughly 5.5 to 6v power for the receiver from a source on the heli. If you're using a separate 3S pack to power the PRO then you can pull from there, otherwise it'll have to come from the flight packs. don't put more than 3S voltage into the PRO's power connection, BTW.

Bart

camryn

We have been powering the reciever from it's own smaller pack and then plugging it into the flight packs. :/
If the ECSs do not provide power I can see the voltage boosters not being helpful.
We think somehow we need to provide power to the ESC rail but don't know a safe and/or correct way to do so. But this is just a guess.

Bartman

have you tried powering the receiver first to let it connect to the radio and then attaching the flight packs to see if the ESC's can be made to boot up and command the motors to start?
the flight controller, the receiver, and the ESC's all have their own separate power requirements. sometimes multiple components can share power with other components but sometimes they don't. this is a case where the ESC's would normally power the receiver but with Opto ESC's the source of the power isn't there (No BEC in the ESC's)so if you're not deliberately powering the receiver it isn't getting power and would explain why the ESC's are beeping without booting and arming.

Hi, I am working with Camryn. We have tried this method. We have a 2s battery powering the receiver and the Flight controller separately for testing. The receiver works and is calibrated to the Hoverfly pro software. When I have the receiver and flight controller on I can arm the X8. I can then plug in the main power and there is just a continuous beeping coming from the ESCs. No recognition that they are receiving any input.

Bartman

then the last thing to do is to calibrate the ESC's via the HF PRO. there are instructions in the user manual on how to do this.