Enhanced Failsafe ideas

Dewster

After reading through the forum and hearing complaints/wishes on DJI's multirotor system, I thought it would be great to hear ideas for improving safety features of DJI's flight controller. What are some of those ideas?

I think the enhanced battery failsafe should determine height above ground and compare it with battery level/consumption to determine if: 1. It could make it back to home position and 2. The rate of descent when the battery goes into second level protection. I hear that some have experienced rapid descent when they reach stage two of the battery failsafe (red zone). Is that from improper setting of the battery fail safe levels??

Do you think it would be possible for the flight controller to execute a rapid descent, keep itself level, and then apply enough power to bring it to a safe touch down during second level battery protection?

These are some ideas. I know many are not happy with some of the control glitches in the recent firmware updates. I just want a craft that will function and in the event of a malfunction (human or machine error) I would like to see built in features that further improve the safety of the craft. Prop loss/breakage, motor failures etc.

Ideas?