Eliminate battery arcing? / isolate solder connections

Jussi

2 questions.

1. Is there anyway to eliminate arcing when plugging in a lipo battery. I'm just starting My first ever assembly and when I first plugged in the battery to calibrate the esc the arc scared the crap out of me and thought I did something wrong at first until I read a little more on it. I thought I heard on a podcast there was some sort of device that can lower or eliminate the arc.

2. Do you do anything to cover/ isolate the solders on the distribution board. I believe I've seen some people use gorilla glue. What's your preference if any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

I hate the arching. It actually degrades the connector over time. As silly as it sounds plug it in as fast as you can. Lol
There are also connectors that are sparkless. They must have a capacitor built in.
As for the exposed solder connections a few layers of liquid tape would do the trick. Gorilla glue is polyurethane glue. Moisture in the air cures it. If the air is really moist it will cure a little foamy. It's nasty stuff. I wouldn't use it for that.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it does but it's much less of a spark because of the path the electricity goes through before getting to the negative terminal