Electronics Layout

Anyone have a good plan for a full menu of electronics? Seems like all here and would love to see how everyone places everything and the logic behind it.
u9ubanub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
my airframes are different but have all the same components..... why? to perform with maximum seperation between certain parts and keeping plenty of room to keep my wires going into and out of my flight controller as minimal invasive as possible, your imu is in there and you want as little vibes going in through the cabling as you can

http://www.klonerbuilt.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/22

http://www.klonerbuilt.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/21

http://www.klonerbuilt.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/8

this one showing is it was a perfect world, fpv parts aboard a wing
http://www.klonerbuilt.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/9

video and rc control as far apart as possible...... Other noisy electronics together, use the bottom plates copper to seperate that noise... ie put the zenmeuse, iosd underneath, get the light out on an arm so you can see it, get the fpv tx and rc rx on top, get them spread out as far as possible.....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Anyone have a good plan for a full menu of electronics? Seems like all here and would love to see how everyone places everything and the logic behind it. ............

take the items that have to go in a certain spot (as best as you can tell) and put them there. then take the items that have to connect to the items you've already placed and try to make the wire runs as natural as possible without tight turns or wires rubbing up against sharp edges. a good start would be to have the IMU in the center on top of the bottom frame plate and the remote LED someplace where you can see it while flying. the video Tx should be away from everything else and keep in mind the cable between the V2 PMU and the H3-2D's IMU is relatively short but it should still work out to have the gimbal's IMU under the bottom plate somewhere.

one piece at a time, a few tries to get it right and you're there. anything with sensors in it like the main NAZA IMU and the gimbal's IMU should be isolated from vibration as much as possible, usually with some foam tape between the case and frame parts, i use velcro sometimes, other times a layer of silicone, it depends on what i have on hand.

bart

Bartman

it won't be too hard, loop the wire in spots where you need to make a tight turn and just keep in mind those plastic connectors take up a lot of space, usually where you don't have it.

View attachment 16897

anything wrong with installing the receiver vertically?

Also, am I correct in thinking that any + - pads can take an accessory?

Meaning, can I solder positive and negative wires from any of the electronics to any of the + - pads that the ESC's are soldered to? Is it better to solder everything to the battery + - ?

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

View attachment 20929

anything wrong with installing the receiver vertically?

does that receiver have satellites or just the wires sticking out the sides? if it's just the wires then you should try to locate it away from the center of the frame where the wires can be sure to keep a clear view back to your transmitter. On the side of an arm with one pointing out and the other pointing down. I think the frame plates are G10 which won't necessarily keep the signals from passing through (carbon fiber will) but it's not really good practice to bury the receiver wires/antennae in the middle there.

if you've got satellites then you're good there as the receiver is just processing what the satellites are bringing in and the satellites can be mounted out away from the frame with the wires running back to the receiver.

bart

a good start would be to have the IMU in the center on top of the bottom frame plate

bart

Bart, isn't that where my Naza has to go? did you by chance mean in the center, on the bottom of the top frame plate (so the PMU and the naza were vertically centered?)

nuclear

here's how mine looks
View attachment 16898
it's a bit of a mess with the flight cam and the connection to the zenmuse
what's not seen is the immersionrc 600mw transmitter that on the top plate with the gps

Attachments

• 2013-12-25 16.46.35.jpg
    2013-12-25 16.46.35.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 273

does that receiver have satellites or just the wires sticking out the sides? if it's just the wires then you should try to locate it away from the center of the frame where the wires can be sure to keep a clear view back to your transmitter. On the side of an arm with one pointing out and the other pointing down. I think the frame plates are G10 which won't necessarily keep the signals from passing through (carbon fiber will) but it's not really good practice to bury the receiver wires/antennae in the middle there.

if you've got satellites then you're good there as the receiver is just processing what the satellites are bringing in and the satellites can be mounted out away from the frame with the wires running back to the receiver.

bart

It's an XR8 which has two wires with plastic antennas molded to them. The plastic pieces are about 2" long.

Bartman

Bart, isn't that where my Naza has to go? did you by chance mean in the center, on the bottom of the top frame plate (so the PMU and the naza were vertically centered?)

The "NAZA" is the IMU I was referring to, so yes that's where the NAZA should go, in the center on the top of the bottom plate.

Bartman

It's an XR8 which has two wires with plastic antennas molded to them. The plastic pieces are about 2" long.

so if there aren't any satellites then the two wires are the antenna wires and the receiver should go somewhere where the wires are clear of the frameplates and not obscured by other components. the signals should go through stuff but i'm not one to test things like that. i think i put a receiver like that on the group build F450 by mounting it to the side of an arm with the antenna wires facing out and down.